Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
SaneRetry

Re: Spyderco Knock-offs, "Replicas"and Fakes

Postby SaneRetry » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:24 pm

I have a question about Endura 4 Lightweights. I just got one from Amazon via a third party that is listed on Spyderco's website as a legit dealer.

My question is about the letters on the blade. On one side, the "SPYDERCO VG-10" appears to be stamped, but very lightly. It doesn't look as deep and bold as pictures I've seen. The other side has "SEKI-CITY JAPAN" on it, but it looks etched, not stamped. It doesn't have that deep indented look that I've seen in so many pictures.

Did Seki-city change the way they do the letters on Spyderco Endura 4 Flat Ground blades?

Everything else about the fit and finish of the knife seems okay, but I've read a lot of forum posts and watched a bunch of youtube videos where people point out the etched letters being a sign of a fake.

Thanks!

Accutron

Postby Accutron » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:29 am

The knife is authentic. The style of the Seki ricasso stamps has changed a number of times. The FRN is correct, and only the newest Enduras have Sal's maker's mark like yours does. The maker's mark hasn't started appearing on counterfeits yet.

JRinFL

Postby JRinFL » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:08 am

I agree, this looks legitimate. Use it in good health!
Used to be JR in CT with a much earlier join date. :rolleyes: :spyder: Native in 440v was my gateway Spyderco! :spyder: Wharnie for the whin! Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.

Return to “Spyderco Counterfeits, Clones, Replicas, etc.”