Lil' Temp Knockoff

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
The CoPilot

Lil' Temp Knockoff

Post by The CoPilot »

Ran across this for sale on Craigslist. Could be by the same folks who are making a Rookie-clone.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/spo/1209237109.html
><> The most important blood trail leads to the Cross <><
C09 CoPilots My Specialty
Integrity is Being Good Even if No One is WatchingTM
Looking for: C04 Executive plain edge, C09 CoPilot plain edge with brass liners and a G-2 marked blade
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Wow. That's a real shame because that knock off looks pretty spot on.

I hate that kind of stuff.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

In all fairness, the guy isn't trying to pass it off as a genuine, authentic Spyderco. On a side note, I do kinda like the Lil Temp in black pants :)
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

It does suck that people do this but at least the guy is fair, stating its not a real spyderco. And ill agree it would be cool if there was a production lil temp in black..
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Slick

Post by Slick »

David Lowry wrote:Wow. That's a real shame because that knock off looks pretty spot on.

I hate that kind of stuff.
My god that looks close. How is it possible to recreate a Lil'Temp clone at that price? Even offshored it should cost more than that. I wonder what the country of origin is.

Maybe it is being produced with slave labor within a foreign prison system. I will try and buy my Spyderco's with less guilt as to their MSRP. Free trade and intellectual property/patents/trademarks etc...
Not really all that slick ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

OMG, if it wasn't for the "Navy" on the blade, I might easily believe it's a black G-10 special run I wasn't aware of... :mad: I even almost forgot the original has nested liners... :rolleyes:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Rob

Lil' Temp and Rookie fake on eBay...

Post by Rob »

Seems they are sold on eBay too at the moment. I found them while looking for something else: Fake Lil' Temp and Fake Rookie It also seems that Spyderco is not the only victim. When you look at the guy's other auctions: Fake Emerson, Fake BM and judging from the price a Fake Blade Tech is also sold.

At least none of them states that it really is a Spyderco, Emerson, etc. but ripping off the designs 1:1 is IMO blatant enough. :mad:

Cheers, Rob
amen74

Post by amen74 »

This one is really pushing the envelope for real douchebaggery.
Where is that "thumbs down" smilie? ;)
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Looks like the same one as this one from the description. Close clone my a#%.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/spo/1219071975.html
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.