Autonomy 2 button... gritty?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Autonomy 2 button... gritty?

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Coastal wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:06 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:14 pm
Thank you, I hope it works for you and look forward to future comments . Dan
Well, I've put in another week of occasionally cycling my Autonomy's button while reading, watching YouTube's etc., and I can say the stickiness/grittiness has subsided considerably.

When pressed as in normal use, the button is entirely satisfactory. It's stiff enough that I doubt I'll ever fire it inadvertently.

When pressed slowly, with ever-increasing pressure, there is one distinct crunch, then a slow slide against firm resistance until it fires. I'm okay with it, and I plan to eventually put the Autonomy into rotation without further angst. :hugging-face :sunflower :bug-red
Thank you and much appreciated. Since I’m on the fence I definitely need to handle and operate one . I like the Spyderco concept a lot , no one offers a rebuild kit. I think that is impressive to have it available to the user . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
steeljustice

Post by steeljustice »

First off i do not work or have stock in CorrosionX, but i and many others have found it is a really good fluid for lubbibg knives and firearms.
I
t's not easy to find in stores many times but it's easy to get online, it's not cheap as some other fluids "oils" but trust me it will show you quickly that it does smooth actions a lot.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

steeljustice wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:40 am
First off i do not work or have stock in CorrosionX, but i and many others have found it is a really good fluid for lubbibg knives and firearms.
I
t's not easy to find in stores many times but it's easy to get online, it's not cheap as some other fluids "oils" but trust me it will show you quickly that it does smooth actions a lot.
You bet it's good! Firearms, knives, and fishing gear!