I just received my Autonomy Coastguard today after waiting nearly a year and the 3rd time I opened it the spring either

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
tjenkins

I just received my Autonomy Coastguard today after waiting nearly a year and the 3rd time I opened it the spring either

Post by tjenkins »

I just received my Autonomy Coastguard today after nearly a year of waiting and the 3rd time I opened it the spring either broke or spun, any suggestions
Michael Janich

Re: I just received my Autonomy Coastguard today after waiting nearly a year and the 3rd time I opened it the spring eit

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear tjenkins:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Autonomy. When you push the button and open and close the blade, what do you feel?

Stay safe,

Mike
Accutronman

Re: I just received my Autonomy Coastguard today after waiting nearly a year and the 3rd time I opened it the spring eit

Post by Accutronman »

Call SFO and order a replacement spring kit. You can easily replace springs on the Autonomy
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Definitely a fluke, I carry one of these (the black one) everyday at work and I've fired this knife open at least a couple thousand times since 2017 and I'm still on the original factory spring. I would recommend you order a couple spring replacement kits anyway just for safe keeping, but they should warranty this if it actually broke.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David