Oh no...

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
archangel

Re: Oh no...

Post by archangel »

AFAIK this 8,5cm limitation for side-deployed single edge automatic knives is the only length limitation in Germany. Up to know, possession of one-handed locking knives is still legal - you just mustn't carry them (and be caught). Slip joints can even be carried, at any length. These limitations are ok by me personally. It's just bad luck that the Spydie Autonomies are too long according to German laws. Spyderco won't introduce shorter automatic knives, and other manufacturers are not interesting for me. I've made my peace with it.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
vivi

Post by vivi »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:33 am
Hopefully manufacturers will learn and start to make more models with legal blade lengths for the German market.
That's a little backwards to me. It would be better if people making the rules could make them more sensible. :rolleyes:

That being said, having legal options until that day comes is a good thing. Just sad that this is the state of things for someone that's just an innocent knife collector.
:unicorn
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Governments spend a lot of time, energy, and money to insure that people remember that they are servants and not citizens. Modern life is serfdom with golden chains.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001