Carbon Fiber Autonomy 2 (in Sal's pocket) UPDATE: SMKW exclusive

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Rinzler

Carbon Fiber Autonomy 2 (in Sal's pocket) UPDATE: SMKW exclusive

Post by Rinzler »

As someone who frequently carries the Autonomy and Autonomy 2, hearing that Sal has a carbon fiber Autonomy 2 is very exciting news.

Count me in as a buyer should this come to fruition.

Update:
Last edited by Rinzler on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VashHash

Re: Carbon Fiber Autonomy 2 (in Sal's pocket)

Post by VashHash »

I wonder if it would have S90V steel to go with that old theme. I mean it's still cool but I'd like that legacy to continue.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Can’t wait for this one! I don’t even care what steel it is, as long as it is Peel-ply CF. The question is, is this an exclusive, a one off for Sal or a sprint?
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Rather have it on the Autonomy 1 but it certainly has my attention.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:54 am

Wouldn't pass up a PE Autonomy 2 with CF scales in just about any decently stainless steel, but I'd be all over a PE Autonomy with a FFG LC200N or S30V blade and CF scales. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Deacon wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:13 am
Evil D wrote:

Wouldn't pass up a PE Autonomy 2 with CF scales in just about any decently stainless steel, but I'd be all over a PE Autonomy with a FFG LC200N or S30V blade and CF scales. :D

Yes....Autonomy 1 with FFG LC200N I am all over it, I'll buy both PE and SE, G10 or CF I don't care.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:54 am
The Deacon wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:13 am
Evil D wrote:
Yes....Autonomy 1 with FFG LC200N I am all over it, I'll buy both PE and SE, G10 or CF I don't care.
I'll buy whatever is made, but would hope it comes in something more premium than S30V.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

When is this coming?! Can’t wait!
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Dazen wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:49 pm
Can’t wait for this one! I don’t even care what steel it is, as long as it is Peel-ply CF. The question is, is this an exclusive, a one off for Sal or a sprint?
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Sal mentioning that this will be a dealer exclusive.
-Nick :bug-red
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 9:33 pm
Dazen wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:49 pm
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Sal mentioning that this will be a dealer exclusive.
I looked it up and yes he said it was “an exclusive”, but how often does he carry/test/use dealer exclusives months before they drop? I’m so pumped for this one and any info would be great!
Dane

Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

I'm pretty excited also, I'm convinced that the autonomy (2) are the best side opening automatic knives available anywhere.

I've been trying to get a spring kit in either satin or black, but nothing's been available for nearly two months. I called SFO and was told there's no parts to throw a kit together with. Does this mean that the supply is disrupted and completely gone or does it mean that the supply is being used for to build knives? Not sure however this knife is easily my most anticipated purchase for now.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Sal, if you're reading this, is this knife in your production schedule yet?

Thanks
Rinzler

Re: Carbon Fiber Autonomy 2 (in Sal's pocket) UPDATE: SMKW exclusive

Post by Rinzler »

Someone posted this in the non-auto section. I'm disappointed in the choice of S30V, but not everything in life is perfect. Gonna have to drop an LC200N blade in this.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87058

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! The SMKW Exclusive Spyderco Autonomy 2 Carbon Fiber is coming soon! Price TBA!

The SMKW exclusive Spyderco Autonomy 2 Carbon Fiber is an upgraded version of the original. It features an upgraded 3.5" CPM-S30V drop point blade with a full-flat grind and a satin finish. This push button automatic has textured carbon fiber handles and black-out hardware. It's contoured for comfort and has a handle thickness of 0.53". It also has an ambidextrous, tip-up pocket clip and lanyard hole. It's 4.94" closed, 8.44" overall, and weighs 5.2 ounces.