So I just discovered Spyderco made butterfly knives...

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
lonerider1013

So I just discovered Spyderco made butterfly knives...

Post by lonerider1013 »

...where can I get one? I assume they are discontinued as they are not on the website. Does anyone know much about them? I've seen photos they look awesome...

Lonerider
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain
JD Spydo

Re: So I just discovered Spyderco made butterfly knives...

Post by JD Spydo »

lonerider1013 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:52 am
...where can I get one? I assume they are discontinued as they are not on the website. Does anyone know much about them? I've seen photos they look awesome...
All of the Butterfly knives that Spyderco made were from like 2004 to maybe 2006-07 or so. I've owned 2 of them over the years. I'm personally not a big fan of Butterfly knives and I don't even like autos ( switchblades) anymore like I used to. The one Spyderco butterfly knife that is super collectible in my opinion is the one that they called the Szabo-Fly. They also had a really small one too that they didn't make very many of and I just can't remember the name of it at this time.

Now there was one Spyderco butterfly model in which they made the blade in 440C and VG-10>> one of the blade steels runs on that particular model is quite rare and I don't really remember which one it was. By butterfly knife standards throughout the industry I personally thought that the Spyderco butterfly models were kind of heavy in comparison to others I've played with over the years.

I haven't seen one up for sale or trade in a couple of years. But I haven't really been looking for them either. I would only be interested in one I could trade for a model I did want. They are out there and you might check the "exchange" section of Bladeforums.com would probably be your best bet>> however you do have to buy a Gold Membership there to buy, sell or trade. Good Luck
TazKristi

Re: So I just discovered Spyderco made butterfly knives...

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, lonerider1013:
You can find some of the history right here on our forum, in the Restricted Models area (I'm going to move this thread there :)). There is also some information here,
http://www.spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=SKU

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.