Spyderco OTF ? Will they ever release one?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
tps3443

Spyderco OTF ? Will they ever release one?

Post by tps3443 »

So I’m getting in to quality high end OTF knives, and I just purchased my first one. I almost feel guilty that it is not a Spyderco branded knife lol. I know it may sound silly, but I’ve become partial to my PM2 I have just become very familiar with them since getting in to knives.

Why has Spyderco not released a OTF knife? I feel like they could possibly really nail the perfect, functional, practical, utilitarian, OTF automatic knife!
“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
TazKristi

Re: Spyderco OTF ? Will they ever release one?

Post by TazKristi »

tps3443 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:36 pm
So I’m getting in to quality high end OTF knives, and I just purchased my first one. I almost feel guilty that it is not a Spyderco branded knife lol. I know it may sound silly, but I’ve become partial to my PM2 I have just become very familiar with them since getting in to knives.

Why has Spyderco not released a OTF knife? I feel like they could possibly really nail the perfect, functional, practical, utilitarian, OTF automatic knife!
Hi, tps3443:
Welcome to our forum. We've considered an OTF previously, but there aren't any current plans for one that I'm aware of. Since an OTF is a restricted product, I'm moving this into our Restricted Product area of the forum.

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

You can release a Spyderco PM2 Auto lol. I think Spyderco would make the best OTF or auto around.
“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Unless Spyderco can find a way to eliminate the blade play that other OTFs have, I'm sure they would get half of them back from irate customers who bought it because it was a Spyderco and we're incensed to find the blade wobbled.