Autonomy Button Wear

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Dutchman

Autonomy Button Wear

Post by Dutchman »

I've had my Autonomy2 for three weeks now and since the first day was disappointed with the feel of the button - sticky/grinding when deployed. I was hoping it would "break in", and sometimes it seemed somewhat better, but never as smooth as it seemed it should be.
I ordered the spring repair kit and when it arrived - took the knife apart to see what was making the button so "gritty". This is what I found --
Don't judge me by my shoes.
TazKristi

Re: Autonomy Button Wear

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, Dutchman:
I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. I believe Sal suggested this previously, but please feel free to send your knife in for evaluation from our Warranty & Repair department. You can do that through your dealer or directly to us if you are an LEO or active duty military. The form you'll need to send in with your knife can be downloaded here, https://www.spyderco.com/wp-content/upl ... n-Form.pdf

Our crew will do their best to assist you.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Dutchman

Post by Dutchman »

Will do, thank you Kristi.
Don't judge me by my shoes.
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

after you get it back, do youreslef a favor, get a can of this:

https://www.amazon.com/AGS-LE5-Lock-Eas ... ef=sr_1_11?

and apply liberally all over the insides. the aerosol should get a nice layer of graphite over all metal to metal surfaces. you can repeat the process after drying it out from the first time. after repeating that a couple times it will be as smooth as butter and you'll never hear or feel any grittiness coming from it anymore.
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal