Autonomy 2

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Popsickle

Re: Autonomy 2

Post by Popsickle »

Crux wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:20 pm
The Autonomy 2 appears to have the exact same profile of the Mule but maybe 3/8" longer. I lined then up and it was spot on.
That explains why I like mine so much. I had one mule and absolutely loved the profile.

I would love an orange g10 variant
TitaniumTroy

Post by TitaniumTroy »

Went to a gun show in Mishawaka IN,today picked up an Autonomy 2 for $225, I didn't even know their was a second version coming out. Anyway it seems pretty cool, almost like an automatic Military. I like that large button in case I'm wearing gloves, and the locking feature makes me feel secure whether open or closed.

Minus the finger choil, the handle reminds me of my Spyderco Superhawk. I feel pretty lucky getting this knife, as I had forget about the show being in town this week. Just barely made it in with about seven minutes to spare before the doors locked at three on Sunday. The dealer told me this knife was in high demand as not many are out there, just curious what would this probably go for on eBay? And no it's not for sale, thank you.

First Class blade, thanks Spyderco.
Troy
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

TitaniumTroy wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:55 pm
Went to a gun show in Mishawaka IN,today picked up an Autonomy 2 for $225, I didn't even know their was a second version coming out. Anyway it seems pretty cool, almost like an automatic Military. I like that large button in case I'm wearing gloves, and the locking feature makes me feel secure whether open or closed.

Minus the finger choil, the handle reminds me of my Spyderco Superhawk. I feel pretty lucky getting this knife, as I had forget about the show being in town this week. Just barely made it in with about seven minutes to spare before the doors locked at three on Sunday. The dealer told me this knife was in high demand as not many are out there, just curious what would this probably go for on eBay? And no it's not for sale, thank you.

First Class blade, thanks Spyderco.
Troy

Congrats on the purchase. I believe the guy who sold it to you used his salesman tactics to drum up the demand. It would go for less than you bought it for on eBay and many online dealers have it for $181.97 and several people were able to get them for around $160 due to cyber weekend sales at big box stores.

That all being said..... it’s an absolute monster home run on Spydercos part!
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Just had a $70 price jump on the website. Anyone tracking why such a steep jump?
Crux

Post by Crux »

I like the Autonomy 2 but I still think the action of the trigger is too harsh. I took a dremel to mine.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Crux

Post by Crux »

Hambone wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:16 pm
Just had a $70 price jump on the website. Anyone tracking why such a steep jump?
We have a crack team of experts on this one for you. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Anyone know of a deep carry clip for this yet?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I figured one out that works well.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
ATC729

Post by ATC729 »

Popsickle wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:52 am
Crux wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:20 pm
The Autonomy 2 appears to have the exact same profile of the Mule but maybe 3/8" longer. I lined then up and it was spot on.
That explains why I like mine so much. I had one mule and absolutely loved the profile.

I would love an orange g10 variant
Yes! I would love an orange Autonomy 2. I prefer the PE
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Maybe cutlery shoppe could make it happen as an exclusive. I know cutlery shoppe is big on orange and orange/black exclusives.

I'm getting my standard autonomy 2 this week.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

VashHash wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:15 am
Maybe cutlery shoppe could make it happen as an exclusive. I know cutlery shoppe is big on orange and orange/black exclusives.

I'm getting my standard autonomy 2 this week.
Great knife. I just checked mine to see my tip is bent about 1/4 of it. Seems it’s not super tough
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I let someone at work use mine today and he really liked it. "Man who makes that? It's bad@$$!" his exact words. Talked to him about how laws are changing and they're becoming legal in more states.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

So I made it to the beach this weekend and put a lot of sand in the autonomy. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but it was relatively easy to rinse and get functioning again. I understand now why the button passes all the way through the handle. It pushes out sand that would jam any other button. Maybe this wasn't why this was done but it seems to work well that way.

I didn't do any extended salt water exposure but it didn't have any rust on anything for the few hours it was soaked and sandy.
Probably the only auto I'd bring to the beach too. Not sure I'd trust anything else to function.

Next time I'll try and take pictures. I was going to take them in the morning but I left early to avoid the storm that was coming.