Spyderfly

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
kevinfoster52

Spyderfly

Post by kevinfoster52 »

What are Sypderco Spyderflys going for now? Cant find much about the knife I have, its a Sypderco Spyderfly VG-10 Serial Number 193, Model B01P
sal

Re: Spyderfly

Post by sal »

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to our forum.

Can't tell you what they're going for now. Others may know. You have one of the originals. Lotsa counterfeits out there as well.

sal
Nate

Post by Nate »

Hi and welcome,

Looks like they go for north of $300 on Ebay, congrats. :)

Here is a sold items Ebay search.
:spyder:
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Well, there is one on eBay right now for a stunning amount of money ($650). I am not certain it is worth that, but it may be. If someone buys it we will know.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

sal, when you made the originals in both 440 and VG10, were you all amazed and very glad at the outcome? I am not just saying this, I mean it: Those were and are some of the neatest knives humans have ever made.

I wish the rules against them were more in favor of responsible users and owners of them and we could see Spyderco manufacture a whole new generation of those.

Purely from a conceptual/knife design point of view, do you think a version with FRN handles would be very good to make and useful?

I had this idea in my mind of a version with LC200N blade and reinforced FRN grip/handles. Does that sound like a good idea to you?