PE Autonomy and/or other knives featuring the Plunge Lock?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Evil D

PE Autonomy and/or other knives featuring the Plunge Lock?

Post by Evil D »

Any chance we'll see any of that? I really like the Autonomy, I would love to see one in PE (other than H1). I'm also really interested in the Plunge Lock, it appears to be a really strong lock design and I like how the button works as both the firing and unlocking action.

Ultimately I would love to see something like the Yojimbo 2 with this lock, but a PE version of the Autonomy in a steel that holds an edge better than PE/H1 would be pretty sweet too. I can always profile the tip to be pointier.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
farnorthdan

Re: PE Autonomy and/or other knives featuring the Plunge Lock?

Post by farnorthdan »

I'd probably carry my Autonomy more if it was a PE, I'm mean its a pretty wicked cutter with the SE and would have bought no matter what but I think I would carry it more in PE. I've come close to pulling the trigger on the orange one a couple of times now but just don't think I would carry it much and with all these great pieces dropping lately it just doesn't make sense right now. I'd definitely buy a PE though especially if it came in Cruwear or CTS-XHP, how about a blue with S110V.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'd love to see that. Even more so if they switched the steel to S30V, S35VN, CTS-XHP, 154CM, or even BD-1.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DBDEV1

Post by DBDEV1 »

Almost picked up an Autonomy, but it is hard to imagine any purpose for it besides cutting restraints. EMT shears (~$5.00) will do that job really well, too :P

Just kidding, the Autonomy (Embassy and Citadel, also) is a well designed auto. The Plunge Lock is a great mechanism, similar to one used on another auto I used to own. I actually traded my BM AFO (Gen 1..not the new one) for the Millie I carry now. Great trade, have never looked back.

Now, if this became available in a combo-edge w/ CTS-XHP or CRU WEAR? I'd be sold entirely :D
– very carefully scripted but at least it’s not encrypted –
and the story does suggest
a part 2 to the Turing Test:
1. can machines behave like humans?
2. can we?

― Matt Harvey

My Spydies: Military (C36GPCMO) Civilian (C12GS) Delica 4 (C11FPOR)
hudsonhawk

Post by hudsonhawk »

I think a PE Citadel or Embassy might be the closest you'll get for a while Evil, unfortunately. I fully agree with you, I love the designs Spyderco has put out in the Auto category.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Most recently added and enjoying: CF Cruwear Manix 2 and LW Manix 2
Daily Carry: Blue CF Domino and well-loved Manix 2 LW.
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

farnorthdan wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:02 pm
I'd probably carry my Autonomy more if it was a PE, I'm mean its a pretty wicked cutter with the SE and would have bought no matter what but I think I would carry it more in PE. I've come close to pulling the trigger on the orange one a couple of times now but just don't think I would carry it much and with all these great pieces dropping lately it just doesn't make sense right now. I'd definitely buy a PE though especially if it came in Cruwear or CTS-XHP, how about a blue with S110V.
I really like the idea of a S110V / blue handle autonomy. Another good idea, an Endura in LC200N w/zome Black & yellow
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”