Autonomy on its way

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
gijoe945

Autonomy on its way

Post by gijoe945 »

Enjoy people! Should hit stores by Wednesday.
OldSarSwmr

Re: Autonomy on its way

Post by OldSarSwmr »

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to get one.

Dan
paladin

Post by paladin »

Wow...is this for real?...or a joke?
Scroop

Post by Scroop »

BHQ has them in stock!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

These are restricted right? How does Bladehq handle this?
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
swigert

Post by swigert »

farnorthdan wrote:These are restricted right? How does Bladehq handle this?
Depends where you live
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

swigert wrote:
Depends where you live
I thought automatics could not be shipped across state lines, also don't you have to be military, law enforcement etc...I would love to pick one of these up but not sure it would go through. They are legal here but I'm not military, law enforcement etc.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

farnorthdan wrote:
swigert wrote:
Depends where you live
I thought automatics could not be shipped across state lines, also don't you have to be military, law enforcement etc...I would love to pick one of these up but not sure it would go through. They are legal here but I'm not military, law enforcement etc.
Which is why questions like this probably should not be asked, or answered, on a public forum and especially not on the forum of a manufacturer singled out for intense scrutiny by the Feds.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

The Deacon wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:
swigert wrote:
Depends where you live
Which is why questions like this probably should not be asked, or answered, on a public forum and especially not on the forum of a manufacturer singled out for intense scrutiny by the Feds.
Sorry if I am out of line here Deacon, figured it was ok seeing as there is an entire sub forum dedicated to the topic.

vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Got mine today. Seeing as I'm at my son's baseball batting practice, pics aren't going to happen until I get home.

First impression...it made very short work out of tearing down boxes for recycling. It is the right size for me. And the wire pocket clip is discreet enough that I'll carry it. ( Auto carry is legal in Nebraska).

It feels smaller in the pocket and more ergonomic in my hand than the embassy and citadel. I think I like the ride better because of the wire clip and the feel in hand due to the fact that the blade isn't as leaf shaped and a thinner handle.

Over all I like it. Any comparison requests?
squatch

Post by squatch »

Got mine today as well. Great job.
The size, weight, and construction are perfect. Finally a strong but light auto with rescue style blade.
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Welcome Squatch! First post I see, and from NE too. Anywhere near Papillion?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

vaisforlovers wrote:Got mine today. Seeing as I'm at my son's baseball batting practice, pics aren't going to happen until I get home.

First impression...it made very short work out of tearing down boxes for recycling. It is the right size for me. And the wire pocket clip is discreet enough that I'll carry it. ( Auto carry is legal in Nebraska).

It feels smaller in the pocket and more ergonomic in my hand than the embassy and citadel. I think I like the ride better because of the wire clip and the feel in hand due to the fact that the blade isn't as leaf shaped and a thinner handle.

Over all I like it. Any comparison requests?
Congrats. Image

Just checked, and mine should be here Monday. :) Been wanting one ever since I saw it at Blade in 2012, which is kind of crazy since it's just about the antithesis of a Spyderco I'd normally get excited over.

As for comparison shots. I'd be interested in seeing how it compares to a C14 Rescue/Atlantic Salt, an Assist, or a Mariner, if you have any of those.
Paul
squatch

Post by squatch »

Just posted an Assist comparison in pic forum.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

squatch wrote:Just posted an Assist comparison in pic forum.
Thank you! A picture may not always be worth 1000 words, but that shot most definitely makes visualizing the Autonomy's size a lot easier for me than reading specs in the catalog ever could.
Paul
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Sorry Deacon, of the three requested, I don't have any more of those. And Squatch beat me to the picture anyway.

I agree with you too. Comparison shots do more for me than specs and catalog shots. Thanks Squatch!
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

I'm interested to see pictures of how the knife fits in-hand (without gloves)... do the finger grooves in the handle fit well without gloves?
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

I have M/L hands. Size 9. My gloveless fingers fit comfortably in the recessed half circles. All but my pinky fits in its own recess. My pinky fits on the peak and it actually makes it feel more secure. With gloved hands, (I imagine a Coast Guard member would be wearing gloves) it would still be incredibly secure.

captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for!
spydieh0le

Post by spydieh0le »

Ugh..now I have to track one down..
61 Spydies and Counting.

Official Manix Addict :spyder: :
s110v LW,S110v Franken Manix Green G10 Putnam Scales, DLC HG S30v PE,Cruwear(2x), 80mm Lockback,HG S30v Full SE, Tan M4,Foliage Green CTS-XHP,Burgundy CTS-BD30P Franken Sprint ,Moonglow,XHP LW,Maxamelt LW

Hunting the Elusive s90v CF Manix 2 Sprint Run