2 new bali's

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Meshuggah

2 new bali's

Post by Meshuggah »

I recently got these, must say I'm very pleased with the way they flip.
Can't carry them out on the street though, but there very appealing to the eye imo.

Spyderco's owned: Worker, Police (9 different versions), Captain, ATR (2x), Endura, Tenacious, Gayle Bradley, Delica, Terzuola, Terzuola Jr., Ti Military, Lum Chinese (in Ti and black), Lum Tanto Ti, Lum Tanto sprint, ParaMedic PE, Manix I, Manix I sprint, Civilian, Spyderfly, Szabofly, Starmate, Navaja

Incoming : Manix I

Want: CF Police

Grail : Civilian PE
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Really nice blades
jossta

Post by jossta »

Very nice.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Two of my favorite knives. I just wish I had bought more spyderflys when I was younger and they were 100. It flips really well. Better than most people think. I actually like the weight.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Wow you're so lucky to have gotten those. I just got into Spyderco and can't get one since they are discoed.... I'm looking at a Benchmade 51 now since the discontinued 42 models are soo expensive on the forums.

Can people still find these on the forums... if so how much do people ask?
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
steeldust

Don't know how to price these!

Post by steeldust »

I have been looking for spyderflys and sazbo's on the forums. The ones I find are expensive, :eek: $375 . Anyone know where I can find some kind of price range guide? Since they don't trade on the bay and sales histories are usually erased on the forums, I guess I need a Spydie expert :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The original (VG-10) Szaboflys are quite rare, I believe less than 200 made it out the door so "value" would be whatever someone is willing to pay although, IIRC, MSRP was around $150. 154CM version is more common. It had a $300 MRSP with an average street price of $200 when in production. Original (VG-10) Spyderfys are fairly uncommon, probably only 1200 or so made. They weren't expensive, but are more collectible than the 440C versions (plain and rainbow) that followed. Both had MSRP's around $110. You do have to be careful with the rainbow ones, there are some fakes out there. MSRP for the G-10 Smallflys was $290 and the MIM ones were $240. Original street prices were about 2/3 MSRP. Current value, as with most discontinued items, is more a function of desire than original cost.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Awesome Score! I've been patiently waiting for a Szabo Smallfly. The Szabo is a great EDC. I love it. I'm sorry you can't carry it there.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
TomH

Post by TomH »

Very nice knives. I've got the Smallfly G 10 and the trainer to go with it. I actually have more fun with them then my BM 42.

I know of the legal issues, but I wish Spyderco could figure out a way to get another bali on the market.
steeldust

Post by steeldust »

Paul.... Thanks so much for the education on the Spyderflys and Szaboflys. I am grateful!
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

That's an amazing find you got there. Here in Canada, even if I could find them (which is impossible), I can't even have them. Great looking knives. As far as the price, I recently saw a Spyderfly in one of the classifieds for $2,100. Ridiculous, but it was sold.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

DiKa wrote:That's an amazing find you got there. Here in Canada, even if I could find them (which is impossible), I can't even have them. Great looking knives. As far as the price, I recently saw a Spyderfly in one of the classifieds for $2,100. Ridiculous, but it was sold.
If you want something bad enough.... :rolleyes: