resale of smallfly or other auto ?

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
RIOT

resale of smallfly or other auto ?

Post by RIOT »

Say 10 years from now I wanted to sell on ebay a smallfly or something in the restricted catagory, isnt there legalities as a seller you have to obey ?

i only ask this because ive seen some private party sales for some of these before on ebay and wondered if what they were doing is illegal, or are they only selling to specific parties that qualify to buy these items ?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Are you an LEO, or in the Military? Otherwise, just possessing a SmallFly or Spyderco automatic is illegal for you, so there would be no legal way to transfer it to anyone else. Would not matter if the sale took place tomorrow, next month, or ten years from now. If you are in the Military or an LEO, then you can only legally transfer them to another person in one of those two categories.

On top of that, for whatever little it's worth, it's against eBay rules to list balisongs, or any automatic that is not California legal (2" or less blade). Granted, that rule, like a lot of others, gets violated regularly, but you could have your auction cancelled, and possible have your account cancelled, not to mention the off-chance someone in ICE might take an interest in you.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!