"Out of Stock"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PRouleau

"Out of Stock"

Post by PRouleau »

Why are so many Spyderco models out of stock? And have been for the longest time! I want to replace my Sage 1 Liner Lock - PlainEdge (C123CFP) and it has not been available for several months!
Senfkarte

Re: "Out of Stock"

Post by Senfkarte »

Because, there have been a lot of exclusives, that took producing capacities away from the regular production and the supply chains don't work like usual, because of Covid.

I think the exact knife you are looking for is discontinued. So it probably will never restock, besides on the secondary market. But there is the C123GPGY with a liner lock and a Maxamet blade in current production.
And there is a G10/CF (C123CFCL) and a FRN (C123PBK) Sage with a CPM S30V blade, but both using a compression lock, in production.

And I think this would fit better in the "Spyderco General Discussion" forum, than the "Spyderco Restricted Models Discussion" Forum.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Moving this to General Discussion...

Welcome to our forum, PRouleau! The C123CFP Sage 1 was discontinued in 2020, so it will not be back in stock. I'm sorry for the confusion on the website. I just updated it to reflect its discontinued status.

As for other models, there are many factors that have caused challenges with inventory, but we're working as hard and quickly as possible to catch up. We will continue to update inventory online regularly.

We appreciate your continued interest and support! We hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:35 pm
Moving this to General Discussion...

Welcome to our forum, PRouleau! The C123CFP Sage 1 was discontinued in 2020, so it will not be back in stock. I'm sorry for the confusion on the website. I just updated it to reflect its discontinued status.

As for other models, there are many factors that have caused challenges with inventory, but we're working as hard and quickly as possible to catch up. We will continue to update inventory online regularly.

We appreciate your continued interest and support! We hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum.

Kristi
Great info. Thank you. If I could add my two cents, I’d love to be able to be notified in some way when a particular knife comes back in stock on the website. Maybe by a simple email.

Thanks again!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i watch the site a lot and stuff pops up here and there. you just have to keep on it because it goes out as fast as it comes in. i'm afraid i just missed my last chance at a brouwer (at least from the spyderco website).
DOUBLE D wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:38 pm
Great info. Thank you. If I could add my two cents, I’d love to be able to be notified in some way when a particular knife comes back in stock on the website. Maybe by a simple email.

Thanks again!
that's a great idea. i'd love it too. a lot of the sites we all use to purchase knives have this kind of function built in and it would be nice.

another thing i've noticed is that all the products don't show up. if you look at locking folding, for example, the hawkbill ladybug doesn't show up. if a model is coming soon, it doesn't show up. other items, like the spyderpacs, don't show up under any category that i've found and you have to search for them by name to even know they exist on the site.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

also, if you search for a particular model, the out of stock banner disappears from the search results. so, if you search manix, none of them show out of stock in your search results. when you click on them individually, they are all out of stock. if you scroll through locking folding, you'll see they are all out of stock from that page also. it would be nice to see the same thing from a search.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Production cannot keep up with demand. Spyderco is a hot item!!!
So many knives - so little funds!!!
RAHComanche

Post by RAHComanche »

ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:46 pm
also, if you search for a particular model, the out of stock banner disappears from the search results. so, if you search manix, none of them show out of stock in your search results. when you click on them individually, they are all out of stock. if you scroll through locking folding, you'll see they are all out of stock from that page also. it would be nice to see the same thing from a search.
Well said! Getting search results to show out of stock status is just one day of a coder's work if not less.
RAHComanche

Post by RAHComanche »

PRouleau wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:05 pm
Why are so many Spyderco models out of stock? And have been for the longest time! I want to replace my Sage 1 Liner Lock - PlainEdge (C123CFP) and it has not been available for several months!
Some models like the military have been out of stock for more than a year! (at least at Spyderco website).
araneae

Post by araneae »

You may find some of these models readily available from authorized retailers, rather than on the Spyderco site.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

araneae wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:45 am
You may find some of these models readily available from authorized retailers, rather than on the Spyderco site.
👍 IIRC Spyderco treats the SFO like any other dealer. So product availability is limited. A lot of people also like to take advantage of the OpFocus program which creates additional demand.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
PRouleau

Post by PRouleau »

Senfkarte wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:18 am
Because, there have been a lot of exclusives, that took producing capacities away from the regular production and the supply chains don't work like usual, because of Covid.

I think the exact knife you are looking for is discontinued. So it probably will never restock, besides on the secondary market. But there is the C123GPGY with a liner lock and a Maxamet blade in current production.
And there is a G10/CF (C123CFCL) and a FRN (C123PBK) Sage with a CPM S30V blade, but both using a compression lock, in production.

And I think this would fit better in the "Spyderco General Discussion" forum, than the "Spyderco Restricted Models Discussion" Forum.
Thanks for the quick update. I still see the C123CF, which looks very similar and it seems still "In Production" but "Out of Stock" on the website. Is that one discontinued also? And if not, can you give me an idea of the timeline?
benben

Post by benben »

Trust me, it’s not just knives! I work in the automotive collision industry, the backorders on body parts is mind boggling right now, 10 to 15 new backorders everyday! We can’t get cars out the door right now!

We’re a Toyota dealership, we’ve skated through this pandemic since day one, no parts issues at all, until two months ago and it hit the wall!

Ford, Mazda, and Mitsubishi, forget it! Taking a vehicle in from one of those manufacturers right now is just asking for headaches…..and eating a ton of rental expense!
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

PRouleau wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:23 am
Senfkarte wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:18 am

Thanks for the quick update. I still see the C123CF, which looks very similar and it seems still "In Production" but "Out of Stock" on the website. Is that one discontinued also? And if not, can you give me an idea of the timeline?
I think the three Sages I mentioned in my prior post are the only ones, that are in current regular production. There is an exclusive one from BHQ (https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ht--137711) that was produced in a limited number of pieces but is still available, and I think, there is the same knife but with a black coated blade coming in the future, also as an exclusive from BHQ. But again, both with the compression lock.
All other Sages should be discontinued. The C123CF is no longer in production since the end of 2019 or something like that.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

You can still find the Maxamet Sage at:

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyderco ... -c123gpgy/

Pricey, but not the worst knife you could buy.