2 new knives

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
David R

2 new knives

Post by David R »

I love the Sage 1, but wanted something different than S30V. Will see if this M4 Sage 5 will displace my S90V Native 5.

Not sure I'll EDC the 15V Manix, but I wanted to try that steel. Image
TkoK83Spy

Re: 2 new knives

Post by TkoK83Spy »

How are you going to try the steel if you don't edc it? Going to take a while to get some wear on that blade and then check the sharpening response...only way to try the steel, putting it through the process.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:09 am
How are you going to try the steel if you don't edc it? Going to take a while to get some wear on that blade and then check the sharpening response...only way to try the steel, putting it through the process.
I have to agree buddy . The Manix deserves to be in pocket . If I had that sprint it would get a workout, but I’m poor . :zany Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
David R

Post by David R »

I didn't say I wouldn't carry it. EDC - EVERY DAY carry. I don't see it being my long term EDC knife. Of course I'll use it.

I have an S90V Manix as well. I prefer a smaller EDC knife and therefore it doesn't get a lot of pocket time. I'll do a lot of cutting and some sharpening on the 15V blade, but it will likely be more around the house. I got the 15V version specifically for the steel.