New knife day Manix 2

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Tattoo

New knife day Manix 2

Post by Tattoo »

Hi all,

Just received my first Spyderco. Discovered the brand few weeks ago, mostly interested in Japanese cooking knives.
My main passion are guitars, amplifiers but seems I have found another bottomless pit to spend money. Still wife is happier with a few hundred Euro acquisitions than music equipment prices.

Some pictures and wishing Happy New Year to all.

Michael Janich

Re: New knife day Manix 2

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Tattoo:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Tattoo

Post by Tattoo »

Michael Janich wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:50 am
Dear Tattoo:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Thank you, appreciated.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Looks good! Welcome aboard!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Welcome aboard! You picked a darn good one for your first. Let us know how you like it. And let us know which 12 others you end up with in the next 6 - 12 months. :winking-tongue
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Tattoo

Post by Tattoo »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:30 am
Welcome aboard! You picked a darn good one for your first. Let us know how you like it. And let us know which 12 others you end up with in the next 6 - 12 months. :winking-tongue
I picked Manix for ergonomic reasons, para 3 is just too small for my hands, solid feel and because I like the way jaging was done.
So far I am impressed, like the G10 feel and steel is sharp OTB.
Next one for sure para 2 in all black.
After that, who knows…
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Welcome to the Forum ! Nice entry knife ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Tattoo wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:16 pm
JSumm wrote:
I picked Manix for ergonomic reasons, para 3 is just too small for my hands, solid feel and because I like the way jaging was done.
After that, who knows…
PM2 is a good one too. I went back and forth on which one I preferred. I like the ergos on the Manix more. I like the thinness of the PM 2 more. Both lock types are great. Ultimately, I prefer the Manix, but I currently have more PM2s than Manixes because of steel and scale combinations I like. I think everyone should try both.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Tattoo wrote:
JSumm wrote:
After that, who knows…
Another good choice in the future . Like has been said both are different but good . Just a suggestion once you decide shop around and look over some exclusives that may be available when you are ready . PM2 is a nice platform if you want to dabble in different steels . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Tattoo

Post by Tattoo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:21 pm
Tattoo wrote:
JSumm wrote:
After that, who knows…
Another good choice in the future . Like has been said both are different but good . Just a suggestion once you decide shop around and look over some exclusives that may be available when you are ready . PM2 is a nice platform if you want to dabble in different steels . MG2
I just saw there is a para 2, all black with Cru Wear in the USA, would be. Ice to get that in Europe.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tattoo wrote:
JSumm wrote:
After that, who knows…
Dan buddy the OP made such a brilliant choice by buying a g10 Manix. The least you could have done is point him at the Shaman. It has a thousand times the ergo’s that the pm2 has. ;)
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:12 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tattoo wrote:
JSumm wrote:
After that, who knows…
Dan buddy the OP made such a brilliant choice by buying a g10 Manix. The least you could have done is point him at the Shaman. It has a thousand times the ergo’s that the pm2 has. ;)
Ok , ok . If you ever want to consider purchasing a heavy duty folder , and built like a tank , check out the Shaman . I suggest just buy the standard model and upgrade later at your leisure. I have before and after shots in my thread . MG2
Henry David Thoreau