Stretch Picture Thread!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
BOOMER52

Re: Stretch Picture Thread!

Post by BOOMER52 »

I just picked up a Stretch 2 as a partial trade even though the Stretch is not to my liking. I decided to modify it to something more aesthetic and utilitarian... strictly to satisfy my requirements.

I've attached the CAD work and a couple of CAD renders to illustrate the skinny modification preformed. This will require modifying the stainless liners. Haven't machined the scales as yet. They will be 3D machined... full contour... having a shell texture. Not certain just when I'll get to machining... but I'll post the results here when that happens.
Stretch2 PROMOD Vectors.png
Shell Lines.png
Shell Lines B.png
boomer.52 on Instagram

Man is not consistent but in his capacity to assume and be wrong...
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

BOOMER52 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:30 pm
I just picked up a Stretch 2 as a partial trade even though the Stretch is not to my liking. I decided to modify it to something more aesthetic and utilitarian... strictly to satisfy my requirements.

I've attached the CAD work and a couple of CAD renders to illustrate the skinny modification preformed. This will require modifying the stainless liners. Haven't machined the scales as yet. They will be 3D machined... full contour... having a shell texture. Not certain just when I'll get to machining... but I'll post the results here when that happens.

Stretch2 PROMOD Vectors.pngShell Lines.pngShell Lines B.png
Extremely interesting! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageStretch XL , KP mod. MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

The vise is back ! Hurray ! Nice edge on the Stretch .Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Wandering_About

Thanks! The Stertch's edge actually needs some attention... it has seen some things since its last time on the stones.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
SpyderFreak69

Post by SpyderFreak69 »

749B7D0F-0BFA-4218-B0DF-6F51BCEB8679.jpeg
My first Spyderco. I did a lot of research on Spyderco and the Stretch 2 in K390 is what won me over. I have a Delica on the way, and a Police 4 will be rounding out my Spyderco setup.

Cool stuff indeed.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear SuperFreak69:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

SpyderFreak69 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:32 am

My first Spyderco. I did a lot of research on Spyderco and the Stretch 2 in K390 is what won me over. I have a Delica on the way, and a Police 4 will be rounding out my Spyderco setup.

Cool stuff indeed.
Great first choice ! I have a few . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Wandering_About

SpyderFreak69 wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:32 am

Cool stuff indeed.
The K390 Stretch is excellent, definitely one of my favorites. Delica and Police area also solid choices. Covers the size spectrum quite well.

MNOSD member #0035
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageRain shot after delivery. MG2
Henry David Thoreau
SpyderFreak69

Post by SpyderFreak69 »

Questions on the Stretch 2, it’s almost identical to my second Spyderco knife, the Para 2 in CRUwear. Obviously the handle and blade steel is different, but they are almost the same knife in size and shape. What is the name of that Blade shape?
Guts

Post by Guts »

SpyderFreak69 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:26 pm
Questions on the Stretch 2, it’s almost identical to my second Spyderco knife, the Para 2 in CRUwear. Obviously the handle and blade steel is different, but they are almost the same knife in size and shape. What is the name of that Blade shape?
Pretty sure they're considered a drop point, but idk. I've seen them referred to as clip point too (the PM2 shape anyway).
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

It’s often called the straight spine.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I believe Spyderco refers to the Military line-up as a modified clip point blade. Clip point does not necessarily have to have a straight spine, but in this case does. It could have an angled sweeping down spine to the point. In comparison, the Stretch was always advertised as a drop point, but later came out first in a Sprint with a Straight Spine. I guess that makes the Stretch a modified clip point now.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Henry David Thoreau
Wandering_About

Two of my favorites.

MNOSD member #0035
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Older pic which I'll have to update with latest acquisitions, didn't think I'd like the K390 straight spine Stretch but it has definitely grown on me :bug-red-white

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

toxophilus wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:53 pm
Older pic which I'll have to update with latest acquisitions, didn't think I'd like the K390 straight spine Stretch but it has definitely grown on me :bug-red-white

Fantastic group of the my favorite blade on a Stretch . Thank you for sharing . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Wandering_About

That's an enviable collection of Stretches! Very nice.

I'll agree, I was pleasantly surprised with the straight spine on the K390 version. I used a Stretch 1 FRN for a very long time as my main user, and wasn't sure about the different blade shape. In the end I like the straight spine at least as much as the swoopy spine original.

MNOSD member #0035