Salt Knives Only!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Manixguy@1994

Re: Salt Knives Only!

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Mirek.r

Post by Mirek.r »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:47 am
I see you got the newest cactus 👊
yes, that's it. I expected H1 to arrive, but a newer version arrived with H2, which I had no idea about..
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

So does that make you happy or sad? I want the H2 but most everyone on the forum seems skeptical …Heck I’ll probably roll the dice cause it’s Sal approved and kinda inexpensive
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:23 pm
So does that make you happy or sad? I want the H2 but most everyone on the forum seems skeptical …Heck I’ll probably roll the dice cause it’s Sal approved and kinda inexpensive
And I mean that in a good way,just needs to be tested…I’m sure it’s close to H1…I’m no expert by any means,but I do like blackjack 🤣
Mirek.r

Post by Mirek.r »

Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:23 pm
I've had it for about a week, so I can't judge. but I think steel would hold better with the teeth

https://knifesteelnerds.com/2022/06/06/ ... he-sequel/
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Gotcha…so after reading and taking an aspirin for the headache that resulted (🤣 JK) it’s basically the same w/the only unknown being hardness which will be determined…Thanks for link; guess I’m now officially a knife nerd! Seriously tho it’s fascinating how intelligent Larrin is…keep us posted 👊
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I'm eagerly anticipating some real world impressions about H2, especially since I've really loved H1. I hope their will be some reviews soon.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:19 pm
Such good memories of that knife…gonna ante up for another some day…I’d love one in orange and magnacut, but I’m not waiting for that cause it filled too big a role kayak fishing and that’s coming up🎣
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:23 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Such good memories of that knife…gonna ante up for another some day…I’d love one in orange and magnacut, but I’m not waiting for that cause it filled too big a role kayak fishing and that’s coming up🎣
KSF will set you free ! Check it out ! Buddy Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Mirek.r

Post by Mirek.r »

H2
Attachments
IMG_20230223_125951.jpg
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:26 pm
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:23 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
KSF will set you free ! Check it out ! Buddy Dan
I saw that and it’s a great deal and thank you but while I really really want to get it I also want to get a leaf jumper today…and I’m still waiting on the endela…there are times when I have to just say no and I would also like to try a few out and I know I can do that at another local shop, but that’s the one that screwed my old one up… I’ve tried many Sirens and none were as fluid outa the box as Old Yeller was…still kinda hot under the collar about it…in due time…I’m thinking the owner and the shop I can come to an agreement…I have pictures from when I took it apart and there’s metal fragments all around the pivot cause nobody at the shop could get one screw loose…so he ground it w/the G10 handle still on(mistake #1)…also ground the plunge line on both sides(#2)…removed some of the spyderco logo behind plunge line(3)…and said he wasn’t proud of the job when I asked him how he thought he did (#4)…uneven amount of steel taken off each side(5)…buffed out to a shine except one area where he left grind lines(6)…I love grind lines/stonewash/and blacked out, but not SHINY…then immediately left for lunch before I could gather my thoughts…I expressed my feelings quietly but resoundingly to the two employees still there and held back what I really wanted to say cause there were other customers in the shop…but they said they’d relay the message and have him call me and they have my # & email info…nothing in 3 months…I would still pay him for another one but only at his cost…and I’m firm on that…in due time…and they ain’t gonna sell out cause sirens cost $192+tax there…as soon as the bass start popping and the trout rising I’ll make a little visit 🤬🤔👍
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Sorry if I jumbled some words but I literally could feel my bp rising as I wrote that🤣
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:36 am
Sorry if I jumbled some words but I literally could feel my bp rising as I wrote that🤣
Wow , what a nightmare . I have a knife story I will PM to you sometime . Really sorry to hear this especially when it is a knife one has bonded to and have a non-replaceable aspect . Hope you get it resolved. :smlling-eyes
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Was it the owner that did the grind Salty?
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:52 am
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:36 am
Wow , what a nightmare . I have a knife story I will PM to you sometime . Really sorry to hear this especially when it is a knife one has bonded to and have a non-replaceable aspect . Hope you get it resolved. :smlling-eyes
Thanks Dan, yeah I probably shoulda PM you that🤣sorry all for the ramble and real estate
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

JSumm wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:05 am
YES IT WAS🤷‍♂️
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:23 am
JSumm wrote:
YES IT WAS🤷‍♂️
That is extremely disappointing.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

JSumm wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:42 am
Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:23 am
JSumm wrote:
YES IT WAS🤷‍♂️
That is extremely disappointing.
It is but you can’t help but love the guy - always upbeat, funny, laughing all the time…even though some of his jokes only get “courtesy “laughs from me…He seems reasonable and I’m sure we’ll work something out…gave me top dollar for a Bugout and Malibu I sold him once…which have been replaced and sold again-I call those two my carousel knives 🤣 waiting for Malibu reverse tanto in magnacut and no excuse for not getting another bug…omega breakage I guess 🤷‍♂️
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

LC200N Pacific Salt 2 (dyed black)

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.