My new favorite Stretch1

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
JMM

My new favorite Stretch1

Post by JMM »

The Stretch 1 & 2 are models that I really prefer the liner G10/CF versions over the FRN versions, to that end, here's my new favorite Stretch1, the full liner/CF (C90CF) with the fully serrated VG10 blade from the Black FRN model (C90SBK)

I think once the Stretch2 w/K390 is released I will do a blade swap with the Stretch2 w/Brown G10 (C90GBNE2)
For my wide hands at least the C90GBNE2 is the most comfortable Stretch of any & all models from both v1 & v2.

:D

Wartstein

Re: My new favorite Stretch1

Post by Wartstein »

Very, very nice, love it!! And thanks for pointing me to your post via pm, would not want to have missed it! :)

The Stretch 1 still is and probably will forever be among my top two folders. Ergos, blade shape, long, straight edge section, grind, backlock... just perfect.
And it is pretty unique in Spydercos lineup (together with the Caly 3.5): Offers a very long cutting edge PLUS a choil compared to the closed size (it clearly beats knives like the (choil-less) Rock Jumper in that regard)

The CF looks great, but I guess practically speaking I´d still prefer FRN.#
I have three VG10 Stretch 1 and one HAP 40 Stretch 1. I would very much like to find a serrated or comboedge version, but that seems to be almost impossible,
I also tried to get another HAP40 Stretch 1, had two almost done deals on ebay recently, but then the sellers decided not to ship to Europe in the end... :(
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JMM

Post by JMM »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:55 am
Very, very nice, love it!! And thanks for pointing me to your post via pm, would not want to have missed it! :)

The Stretch 1 still is and probably will forever be among my top two folders. Ergos, blade shape, long, straight edge section, grind, backlock... just perfect.
And it is pretty unique in Spydercos lineup (together with the Caly 3.5): Offers a very long cutting edge PLUS a choil compared to the closed size (it clearly beats knives like the (choil-less) Rock Jumper in that regard)

The CF looks great, but I guess practically speaking I´d still prefer FRN.#
I have three VG10 Stretch 1 and one HAP 40 Stretch 1. I would very much like to find a serrated or comboedge version, but that seems to be almost impossible,
I also tried to get another HAP40 Stretch 1, had two almost done deals on ebay recently, but then the sellers decided not to ship to Europe in the end... :(
I certainly have the absolute love of the G10 Stretch2 over all other Stretch models that you do for the Stretch1 -- it's (C90GBNE2) one of the few knives that I can open and use it, it just fits, perfect, every time without thinking about choking up or not, or whatever... I have the same user experience when opening/using a Police4 G10, it simply doesn't matter if I want to use the choil not, they just fill/fit my hand perfectly... maybe others don't find that to be a big deal but it is to me. ;)

On a slightly different note, how are you liking Rex45, have you found it to be any better or worse for using & sharpening Hap40?
rigormootis

Post by rigormootis »

My dream Spyderco is a Stretch 1 w/ an original shape MagnaCut blade.
a.k.a. "warriorsociologist" in the past / other forums.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageI like all three but the first model is still my favorite .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau