Pic request: Native Chief and Manix 2

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Pancake

Pic request: Native Chief and Manix 2

Post by Pancake »

Do any of you have these two and is willing to take a photo?
I have Chief and I am interested in Manix (in REX45)......not sure if I am going to buy a new desing (to me) or I stick with Chief in REX45.
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
Filoso-

Re: Pic request: Native Chief and Manix 2

Post by Filoso- »

Pancake wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:38 am
Do any of you have these two and is willing to take a photo?
I have Chief and I am interested in Manix (in REX45)......not sure if I am going to buy a new desing (to me) or I stick with Chief in REX45.

Hi Pancake, here are some pics. Excuse the quality of them, here is too cloudy and the light in my house is not the best during the morning...Hope these serve you, if you want something more specific, please tell me.

Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Thank you very much for the photos!
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Get the Manix 2. It's what I carry. I've never carried a Native Chief, but the Rex 45 flavored one intrigues me. If I get the Native Chief and hate it, and you get the Manix 2 and hate it, we can swap.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

Interesting comparison. I have 2 Manixes a LW and an S90 V but no Native Chief. I might need to try one.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I have both and appreciate both and would not sway you one way or another . If possible I would try both in hand to see what appeals to you . Hope to see a picture of your future purchase . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau