Had me nervous since i placed my order

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
amanda121287

Had me nervous since i placed my order

Post by amanda121287 »

I dont need anymore Delicas (9)....BUUUUUT I'm kind of a sucker for orange. and ive been spoiled with a krein'd zdp delica as my daily cutter and its a beast only needs a touch up every once in a while...and cuts oh so well.

So I ended up ordering an orange flat ground delica along with a flat ground zdp delica and swapped the blades. the reason i say i was nervous was because of the 2 delicas i've taken apart when i get them back together they never seem to work as smooth or I could never get the pivot screw to the right tightness to where the blade doesnt wobble when locked but opens smooth and easy. Researched youtube for ways to dis-assemble and re-assemble the delica and found a way that i find easiest. I got lucky today. My knives came in and I went to work on the swap...and they both came out great. still opens smooth and no wobble. centered blade. very happy.

sorry for the one crappy point and shoot picture my d60 is at nikon for some repairs.

jmh58

Re: Had me nervous since i placed my order

Post by jmh58 »

Nice!!!
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Evil D

Re: Had me nervous since i placed my order

Post by Evil D »

amanda121287 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:58 am
the reason i say i was nervous was because of the 2 delicas i've taken apart when i get them back together they never seem to work as smooth or I could never get the pivot screw to the right tightness to where the blade doesnt wobble when locked but opens smooth and easy.

Did you swap the lock bars along with the blades?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David