Favorite Spydie

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
tjweeks

Favorite Spydie

Post by tjweeks »

Mt very favorite Spyderco----
STA_0081.JPG
tjweeks

Re: Favorite Spydie

Post by tjweeks »

This was one of the last two citadels ever made. I was hunting the internet for months looking for a citadel. One day, about 8 pages back on Google was a small ad for two citadel. I immediately got all over it. The man selling it was the same man who had bought the plant where they were making the Citadel. He was walking the inside of the plant and there were these two Citadels just sitting at the end of the line. I don't know if someone had an attitude over his job closing or maybe they just ran out of boxes (this one had no box) but the new owner took them home and put an ad online to sell them. I really wish I had gotten both but I did not have the funds. When this was delivered I almost started drooling on it. It was absolutely perfect. It occupies a spot of honor in my collection. It has never been taken apart or sharpened or cut anything or even been carried. I am kind of rethinking this need to be so pristine-but it's one of the last two.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Neat story! Where was the old plant located? I've never really followed along with much info about the automatics.
Going back to Caly.
tjweeks

Post by tjweeks »

I believe it was in Ashville, NC
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

awesome story
awesome knife

Lucky man!!
ThePeacent