Well Worn Picts

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
artsci2

Well Worn Picts

Post by artsci2 »

This is an idea from another thread. Post picts of your hard working spyders with patina but ready to do more.
Maxamet Calander960jpg.jpg
I was going to enter this in the calender contest (October) but got it too late.
farnorthdan

Re: Well Worn Picts

Post by farnorthdan »

My regular back pocket carry, this one gets beat pretty hard, broke the clip yesterday so it's now a dedicated pull only.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

artsci2 wrote:This is an idea from another thread. Post picts of your hard working spyders with patina but ready to do more.Maxamet Calander960jpg.jpg I was going to enter this in the calender contest (October) but got it too late.
I like how you're using what looks to be a gift/sentimental knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
artsci2

Post by artsci2 »

Evil D wrote:I like how you're using what looks to be a gift/sentimental knife.
She's very cool. Her comment was "You better use that thing or I'll be pissed. ...And why don't you paint it with fluorescent orange nail polish so you don't lose it." Somehow that made me love it... and her, even more.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

artsci2 wrote:
Evil D wrote:I like how you're using what looks to be a gift/sentimental knife.
She's very cool. Her comment was "You better use that thing or I'll be pissed. ...And why don't you paint it with fluorescent orange nail polish so you don't lose it." Somehow that made me love it... and her, even more.
Who did the engraving?
~David
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

The Super Blue Caly 3 and 3.5.

Super Blue Delica4 has peeled a couple hundred apples and is ready for a couple hundred more.

The K2. The margarita maker, destroyer of limes.

The Maxamet Manix2. The adventurous eaters companion.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

My SB Manbug, been carrying this one everyday since they dropped, still functioning at 100%

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

farnorthdan wrote:My regular back pocket carry, this one gets beat pretty hard, broke the clip yesterday so it's now a dedicated pull only.
I'm curious about the patina on yours. Mine started looking super dull like that but it turned out to be more of a pitting than a patina, and when I polished it off you can still see where it was in the blade finish, basically like pitting. Is that how yours is?
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

Pitting is basically the rust wants to dive deep instead of stay on the surface.

I think the goal with a stain-y (not stainless) steel is to let it touch something wet or bloody or sugary, then when you're done cutting, use whatever you can to get it back to dry. I think the pitting comes from letting something that can stain it sit on the blade.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Evil D wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:My regular back pocket carry, this one gets beat pretty hard, broke the clip yesterday so it's now a dedicated pull only.
I'm curious about the patina on yours. Mine started looking super dull like that but it turned out to be more of a pitting than a patina, and when I polished it off you can still see where it was in the blade finish, basically like pitting. Is that how yours is?
No pitting David, the picture isn't the best, I started cutting apples with it from day one, at first I let the juice sit on the blade for a few minutes to let a patina build (now I wash it off almost immediately) still use it everyday to cut up an apple. The blade is grey/dull around the edges/hole, especially were my finger touch the most but the rest has that rainbow patina.

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

farnorthdan wrote: No pitting David, the picture isn't the best, I started cutting apples with it from day one, at first I let the juice sit on the blade for a few minutes to let a patina build (now I wash it off almost immediately) still use it everyday to cut up an apple. The blade is grey/dull around the edges/hole, especially were my finger touch the most but the rest has that rainbow patina.

I polished off my original patina when it started becoming more of a rust. I also have the darker spot around the thumb hole but I also get it along the side of the blade that sticks out when closed from my hand going in my pocket (bad habit of walking around with my hands in my pockets).
~David
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

farnorthdan wrote:My SB Manbug, been carrying this one everyday since they dropped, still functioning at 100%

With the *possible* exception of my Hap40 Dragonfly, my SB Manbug is my sharpest blade. Just an awesome edge, and sooooo useful.
vivi

Post by vivi »

New Tasman VS 11 year old Tasman.

:unicorn