My Work Knife.

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
vivi

My Work Knife.

Post by vivi »

Here's an old Pacific Salt I've been carrying for years. It's one of my most frequently carried Spydercos.

I've modified the blade on mine a bit. I ground down the spine of the blade near the tip to make it more like an Endura 3. H1 is super tough so I don't need a reinforced tip. Next I flattened out the hollow grind some by grinding it flat to the stone on a DMT XX Coarse. Then I thinned out the edge bevel,and gave it a tiny microbevel for ease of sharpening.

Reject

Re: My Work Knife.

Post by Reject »

ImageThere’s my work knives.
A Para-military and a Chaparral 2.

The Para is the heavier duty cutting needs. It is surprising how often these come up at work.

The Chaparral is for the everyday tasks. Plus; it is every sheeple friendly. For opening box of equipment in customer's homes or offices, I just hold it with the forefinger and the thumb in the Spydie hole. There is very little blade exposed and no one gets upset.
:D As opposed to when I use the Para to open the boxes.

The Para :spyder: received a new set of overalls after five years of service.
How much can a Koala bear?
vivi

Re: My Work Knife.

Post by vivi »

One nice thing about where I work, nobody cares what kind of knife I carry. If I use my Szabo folder to open a box, the most that will happen is someone asks to see it.