New Paramilitary 2, Anyone Verify?

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Asmodaus

New Paramilitary 2, Anyone Verify?

Post by Asmodaus »

Hey guys, just bought my first nice knife and decided to go with a Spydie PM2 because of how great the reviews and the knife itself seems to be! So far loving the feel and look of the knife but all the fakes going around have me paranoid. Ive checked the differences between the real and fakes and to me it looks legit but im no expert and its the only one ive handled. Image

Sorry for the bad image quality, had to take the pics on my phone.
Sharp Guy

Re: New Paramilitary 2, Anyone Verify?

Post by Sharp Guy »

Looks like the real deal to me!

Welcome to the Spyderco Forums!!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
JT

Post by JT »

one of the clip screws is black, and the other two not? I dunno...nothing else seems wrong. it is hard to tell from the pics, and I'm no expert.
Maybe this question belongs to the counterfits subforum?
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Asmodaus

Post by Asmodaus »

Thanks JT, didnt see that subforum. Ill move this over. The screws and spider on clip and the spider on the box are what have me wondering.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Is it supposed to be new? The blade already has scratches on the back side. If it's used that could explain the clip screws. The rest looks pretty legit. I almost thought the letting being out of line from the plunge line was suspicious but I did a search and that seems pretty normal.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Hello fellows,

I'm new here and only own three Spyderco knives. I'd like to ask, was the knife bought online? I buy the vast major of my knives on line, though only from the US. I have a Stretch on order from an eBay store called Outfittercountry in US. Need I worry?
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
JT

Post by JT »

Bloke wrote:Hello fellows,

I'm new here and only own three Spyderco knives. I'd like to ask, was the knife bought online? I buy the vast major of my knives on line, though only from the US. I have a Stretch on order from an eBay store called Outfittercountry in US. Need I worry?

They're good in my books, I have ordered many Spydies from them.All legit so far.
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Asmodaus

Post by Asmodaus »

The scratches are from me, ive been using the knife and its holding an edge so far so doesnt seem like its cheap or bad steel. Maybe i just got a random dark screw from the line at spyderco. Got it off of amazon and actually payed a few extra $ to get it from someone where it was packed and shipped through amazon and with a good standing aswell as alot of customers.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Thanks JT,

I just got a Manbug ZDP from them and it's real and a little special, and I'm waiting on a Stretch ZDP from them as well. So that's good! They ship free to Oz so I'll be back for more. I want a Military s30v.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Asmodaus wrote:The scratches are from me, ive been using the knife and its holding an edge so far so doesnt seem like its cheap or bad steel. Maybe i just got a random dark screw from the line at spyderco. Got it off of amazon and actually payed a few extra $ to get it from someone where it was packed and shipped through amazon and with a good standing aswell as alot of customers.

A random screw could happen, but you have two random screws...they should all be black on this model.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David