2017 calendar picture thread

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
i am travvy

2017 calendar picture thread

Post by i am travvy »

im starting this thread because i have a few ideas in mind but have no idea which pictures i should keep, tweak some, or throw away and start over. i know there are a few of you with the same problems right now. maybe we can give each other some help and make this a contest to remember! no idea stealing! :p

so i was working on an idea which turned out like complete crap but i did manage to snap these two pictures which i really, really like. problem is idk if the quality is quite there. i am shooting with a cannon power shot sx510 hs point and shoot and cant quite get the images to focus 100%

now i also have this military idea to go along with my military. this one i am working on now but my battery died so this is from my phone. i really want to run with this idea because my dad has some cool props i can use and i think the picture could come out quite nice but at the same time i really love that first picture of the squarehead.

Liquid Cobra

Re: 2017 calendar picture thread

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I like your first images but they're underexposed. If you have a tripod I'd recommend the same shot but with a longer shutter speed while on the tripod.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I like your first images but they're underexposed. If you have a tripod I'd recommend the same shot but with a longer shutter speed while on the tripod.
I do have a tripod. I'll have to figure out how to rig it up somehow since for that shot I was standing over shooting straight down. I'll play around with different shutter speeds too. Thanks for the tip.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

I took a couple of new pictures and also stumbled across some older ones on my camera. What do yall think about these?

The second one is my favorite but I still can't make up my mind.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Dang, it's a tie between the 2nd and 3rd one, both awesome pictures!
Josh
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

And this will probably be my last batch of contestants.

I beleive this right here will be my winner but what do yall think?
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

My favorite so far Travvy is the 2nd squarehead shot.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

Those second batch of Squarehead shots are really nice.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Ugh this is so difficult haha
user47

Post by user47 »

My first Spyderco and as lethal as ever. it's the one that started it all , the C01 Worker this one is fully serated. When Pink Floyd did The Wall, Sal was selling these at shows. Sorry for the picture quality i dont have a fancy camera.
Attachments
pics 007.jpg
Last edited by user47 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

I think I will go with the second squarehead picture in the second batch. At least I'll post it so I have an entry in and then see where it goes.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Here is my favorite So far this year

i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Looks good!
So I went ahead and took a new photo and I love it. Changed my submission to it instead.

TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

Ist submission:

USMC Disabled Veteran 69/73 Semper Fi