The Show youre manixes thread.

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Manixguy@1994

Re: The Show youre manixes thread.

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manix getting some love! I love it! One of my favorite worker's. And one of Spyderco's best in my IMHO.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Looking great guys!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

S90V Manix LW

Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manix 2 LW BD1N and SPY27 (wich I will forever keep as it was from a giveaway held here).

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageOlder picture . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageFirst Manix 2 Lwt. Blue release . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Nice pics Dan.
Do you grow you’re own peppers?
Starting tomorrow i am going to take new pics of all my Manixes. I also ordered some scales to customize one of manix 2’s a bit further. :)
bjz

Post by bjz »

Okay…I’m starting to think that I eventually need to give a manix a try. There has been a backlock version for sale on a second hand website, within reasonable shipping distance, but the price seems a bit high and it’s been listed for a very long time.

What would the general Consensus be for pricing on a used (I.e. not collector nib) backlock manix be?

Or do I just go for the LW in SPY27?
apollo

Post by apollo »

bjz wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:43 pm
Okay…I’m starting to think that I eventually need to give a manix a try. There has been a backlock version for sale on a second hand website, within reasonable shipping distance, but the price seems a bit high and it’s been listed for a very long time.

What would the general Consensus be for pricing on a used (I.e. not collector nib) backlock manix be?

It depends is it the original Manix or Mini Manix with full steel liners or the Manix 2 backlock without liners? The originals can get a bit more pricy since the are discontinued a very very long time ago. ( If they are in good condition ) The manix 2 variant i can not speak about since i do not own one.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:56 pm
Nice pics Dan.
Starting tomorrow i am going to take new pics of all my Manixes. I also ordered some scales to customize one of manix 2’s a bit further. :)
Yes for quite sometime. I befriended some wonderful Mexican ladies when I worked at Precision Planting who had nowhere to grow peppers . I would grow them and they would bring in homemade Salsa . I have a few more to plant . I dehydrate the Tabasco and blend it to make a seasoning powder . I hope to have a small batch of peppers made into a jelly this year . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:16 am
apollo wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:56 pm
Nice pics Dan.
Yes for quite sometime. I befriended some wonderful Mexican ladies when I worked at Precision Planting who had nowhere to grow peppers . I would grow them and they would bring in homemade Salsa . I have a few more to plant . I dehydrate the Tabasco and blend it to make a seasoning powder . I hope to have a small batch of peppers made into a jelly this year . Dan
Pepper jelly? :hushed-face I am no jelly fan but that one i would try :grin-smiling-eyes Here in europe everything jelly is made from Strawberry’s , cherrys or other sweet fruits :spiral-eyes I like hot foods but there isnt much of that around here. :grin-sweat
apollo

Post by apollo »

Just assembled this one.
Flytanium brass scales and titanium blue lock cage.
The Scales did not fit over the lanyard hole so that was a disappointment needed to file them little by little to make a perfect fit. Wish spyderco would open a factory in Belgium i would apply for a job in a heart beat. 😎 My brother would to i guess 😝

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:34 am
Just assembled this one.
Flytanium brass scales and titanium blue lock cage.
The Scales did not fit over the lanyard hole so that was a disappointment needed to file them little by little to make a perfect fit. Wish spyderco would open a factory in Belgium i would apply for a job in a heart beat. 😎 My brother would to i guess 😝

They look nice , but have read in past about issues with the lanyard hole . I have been hoping to see a lightweight screw construction in the future and hopefully some after market Micarta scales will come out . How do you like the blue lock cage , is it an improvement ? Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

bjz wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:43 pm

The lockback models can bring some hefty prices , especially the Sprints . Since you don’t have one and want to try one out I would suggest a new lightweight model . The model you suggested would be an excellent entry in SPY27. Actually plan to get one sometime this Summer and then wait for the Magnacut release in the future . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

The lock is very nice and grippy. I also have a ti green cage on one my XL’s.
For so for they lock up as good as the production cages so no complaints there.
About the scales i did not hear anything about problems but in this case it was not so bad a few strokes with a round file and they popped in like the g10 ones but i do wished that they would fit without me having to file them down because if you take away a little to much then you would have a problem i guess. Are they really going to make the lw screw based? That would be good news anybody knows if the blades would be swappeble with the g10 versions then? 😎 Micarta would be nice for now i have one manix left to customize and im thinking about cf for that one. 😁
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:56 am
The lock is very nice and grippy. I also have a ti green cage on one my XL’s.
For so for they lock up as good as the production cages so no complaints there.
About the scales i did not hear anything about problems but in this case it was not so bad a few strokes with a round file and they popped in like the g10 ones but i do wished that they would fit without me having to file them down because if you take away a little to much then you would have a problem i guess. Are they really going to make the lw screw based? That would be good news anybody knows if the blades would be swappeble with the g10 versions then? 😎 Micarta would be nice for now i have one manix left to customize and im thinking about cf for that one. 😁
As far as I know the black handle model is slowly coming out with screw construction. It’s one reason why I have been reluctant getting another lightweight. A screw construction will give one many options selecting scales in the future. The problem you had is what I have read about and tube rattle . Glad it worked out for you . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

My Manix 2’s that are g10 based.

The last one will be next to customize.
Pics of my original Manixes , my Lw’s my XL’s and my users still to come in the next days.
Last edited by apollo on Tue May 17, 2022 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

CPM154/S90V Manix