Recently receive, so I can now post few pics and make a little review after really light use.
- Still impressed by the weight of the FRN version ! It's closed to the Delica, but you imagine it (the Native) much heavier.
- Impressed by the quality too ! The all knife feel like a beast compare to the Delica (Even if the size is closed)
- I really like the satin finish on the blade, I wish the clip have the same finish.
The finish of the spine and the lock bar are a pulled along. Both are nice and fit well together !
- No blade play in any ways. The lock noise is strong/heavy/nice.
- Smooth opening/closing !
- I like choil, but if I don't want to use it, I can take the native by the back handle. Don't seems to be able to move in the hand while in use.
(this time I'll compare it with the Caly 3. The Caly is a little longer, but I don't feel to grab it enough in back handling.)
- Blade shape, I love it ! Even without the thumb ramp. And closed, the knife look really good. (Same width as the Dragonfly)
- Blade steel & Sharpening : I can't tell yet, but seem gooood !
The only negative thing, but that's on nearly all Spyderco's, the handle, where the blade is in closed position.
I like this part not to be to rough. So I used to lightly sandpaper it to rounded it a bit.
It's too improve as all the Slip joint I have are better on that point.
And 2 are from Italy, 1 from Golden.
Blabla finish, here the pics ! Hope this bump bring some more stuff in this thread.