Maroon S90V Native 5 Forum Knife!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Studey

Maroon S90V Native 5 Forum Knife!

Post by Studey »

Let's see those pics!

GoldenSpydie

Re: Maroon S90V Native 5 Forum Knife!

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Oy vey! Those are some really nice pics. :) Man, I should probably order one too...
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Studey

Post by Studey »

Nice! Golden, I'd love to have that third image without the border...it'd make a great wallpaper!!!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Thanks guys.

Here is the requested picture. I resized it to 3000 pixels, but I can provide higher resolution if you would like.

Also, here's a new one that I took this morning. I added a smallish blue border for fun--what do you guys think about the bordered pictures? To add a border or not to add a border?

ETA: Thanks for the input guys! I updated the pics--I guess I got a little over zealous with editing while learning a new editing program. :)

Last edited by GoldenSpydie on Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Sorry but I think the borders are distracting and take away from your beautiful photos.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
BTG

Post by BTG »

It might be just because the colors match better, but I like the lichen log picture better also, maybe if the border was closer to the Maroon in color......Either way both pics are nice, I'd be nit picking..
Donut

Post by Donut »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Here is the requested picture. I resized it to 3000 pixels, but I can provide higher resolution if you would like.
Is that your way of saying you think he doesn't have a 4k computer monitor? :p

:)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Donut wrote:Is that your way of saying you think he doesn't have a 4k computer monitor? :p

:)
Nah, it's just that "Free Image Hosting" won't upload a full-resolution file from my 16MP Nikon DSLR. ;)
Studey

Post by Studey »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Sorry but I think the borders are distracting and take away from your beautiful photos.
This. Your photos are fantastic, the border cheapens them in my eyes. I appreciate you changing them!!! Excellent wallpaper material! :cool:
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

Just a quick phone pic after I got home from work tonight and found the new Native waiting for me.

ImageS90V Native by Nate E, on Flickr

Seems to have some of the cocoa brown shading in certain lights but I like the color overall. It's a nice change from the standard black. Putting the new knife next to the old gen Native really highlights how they've evolved the design. One thing to read about it but another to hold it in your hand. I miss the swedge and hollow grind to a degree but in the long run it won't make a real difference. Can't wait to put my first S90V blade through some work and see the edgeholding for myself.
~ Nate
kn!fer

Post by kn!fer »

I just received my pair of Native 5 Forum knives today. WOW! to the Native and WOW! to the nice pics above, everyone. I need to take some pics of my own, too.
"Babying" various S90V, S110V, ZDP-189
Using VG-10
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Awesome photos, I can't wait for mine to arrive!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

A few more pictures. I did not edit any of these for color rendition but the last few had HDR tacked on automatically by the phone. Figured it was best to let the differences speak for themselves in terms of how the maroon looks cool vs. warm.

ImageNative 90 2_crop by Nate E, on Flickr

ImageNative 90 3_crop by Nate E, on Flickr

ImageNative 90 4 by Nate E, on Flickr

ImageNative 90 5 by Nate E, on Flickr

ImageNative 90 6 by Nate E, on Flickr

ImageNative 90 7 by Nate E, on Flickr

ImageNative 90 8 by Nate E, on Flickr
~ Nate
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Only a couple more days left to enjoy your 2015 Forum Native during 2015! :D
Going back to Caly.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I've only taken mine out for a picture :D just not a huge fan of the Native, probably should have passed but got caught up in the hype :o
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

farnorthdan wrote:I've only taken mine out for a picture :D just not a huge fan of the Native, probably should have passed but got caught up in the hype :o

That's a shame! I enjoy the Native 5... no hype about it.

...and coincidentally also just ordered myself one of these 2015 Forum knives! :D It'll be my first lightweight N5.
Going back to Caly.