I knew this day would come...Spydie storage is full!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
chuckd

I knew this day would come...Spydie storage is full!

Post by chuckd »

I have had this knife roll for a little over a year or so, and I knew it would get full before i knew it! It is now official, with the arrivals of the Szabo, Khalsa and Ti Millie(not pictured) I am out of room!

Not to mention the Meerkat Burgandy and Tasman Salt that my fiance has claimed that are not pictured.

There are still a couple Kiwis and a Byrd Finch that are not in there as they don't fit well. It may be time for a Spyderpac...

edit: the knives since the photo is poor quality
Top down:
Manix2XL, Military Digicamo, Tuff, PM2 Blackblade, Vallatton, Navaja, Lionspy, Southard, Breeden Rescue, Khalsa Sprint, Mariner, Spyderhawk, Reskue 79mm, SaltI, Manix2 LW CTSBD1, Manix2 LW S110V, UKPK, Tenacious, Techno, Delica FoliageGreen, Embassy PE, DF SS, Meerkat, Cricket SS, Kopa Black Quince, Kopa MOPA, LadybugII, Ladybug3 Superblue, Dogtag and then the Szabo sittin on the side.
Last edited by chuckd on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titomake

Re: I knew this day would come...Spydie storage is full!

Post by Titomake »

Congratulations! !! Is a very good collection. Mine is disseminated in various drawers.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

Time to get some spyderpacs if you'd ask me! ;)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

DutchBlades wrote:Time to get some spyderpacs if you'd ask me! ;)
I think a Spyderpac is in order. Then I can open up some room in the roll and bring the little ones out of there and into a safer environment (read: 'protect the MOPA Kopa!').
BTG

Post by BTG »

Definitely a good idea, and probably get the large..I started with the 18..working on my 3rd 30 now...also if you have smaller knives...like the bug set, lady bugs, man bugs, you can put them horizontally under some of the smaller knives....up to about Tenacious size.
image.jpg
Also helps keep the smaller, clip less knives from sliding around.
bernardwinston

Post by bernardwinston »

Great to view those pics you have posted guys, they look so amazing and I guess I have the feeling of collecting the same that in the future I will let them show to you guys.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

BTG wrote:Definitely a good idea, and probably get the large..I started with the 18..working on my 3rd 30 now...also if you have smaller knives...like the bug set, lady bugs, man bugs, you can put them horizontally under some of the smaller knives....up to about Tenacious size.
image.jpg
Also helps keep the smaller, clip less knives from sliding around.

Yes, with anticipated collection growth, this is a scenario of "Go big or go home" for Spyderpac sizes.

I have a few smaller ones (a couple kiwis, ladybugs and a dogtag) that would work well in the bottom.

Thanks for the picture! A large Spyderpac is in my future.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Jeez. I've been putting outlying funds towards my shooting/firearm hobby and hiking lately, and have been neglecting my knife fetish, so my Spydie collection is sitting at a piddly 8 or 9. I may need to step up my game here.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

Officer Gigglez wrote:Jeez. I've been putting outlying funds towards my shooting/firearm hobby and hiking lately, and have been neglecting my knife fetish, so my Spydie collection is sitting at a piddly 8 or 9. I may need to step up my game here.

I have had my shooting/firearm hobby on the back burner because of a variety of reasons, mostly because of the lack of a place for my reloading bench. My beloved long guns are so lonely in the safe.
PcT

Post by PcT »

Spyderpac's are the way to go for storage (especially since they went from a 32 sleeve to a 30), but don't underestimate the quick-draw - that being quick access to your EDC rotation. It'll make the difference between carry/non-carry when you're late for work in the morning!
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

PcT wrote:Spyderpac's are the way to go for storage (especially since they went from a 32 sleeve to a 30), but don't underestimate the quick-draw - that being quick access to your EDC rotation. It'll make the difference between carry/non-carry when you're late for work in the morning!
I always have a couple (give or take a half dozen) out on my dresser for this very reason. Every once in a while, when the line of knives is growing cumbersome, I keep a couple out and put the others back in the pack. It is the natural ebb and flow of my Spydie EDC rotation.
jon shannow

Post by jon shannow »

I used to store in spyderpacs but found it would limit my EDC rotation to a few knives, so my wife found this cabinet for me and put it in my study and now its much easier to select and go :-)
IMG_0797 copy.JPG
Not the best photo sorry
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

jon shannow wrote:I used to store in spyderpacs but found it would limit my EDC rotation to a few knives, so my wife found this cabinet for me and put it in my study and now its much easier to select and go :-)
IMG_0797 copy.JPG
Not the best photo sorry
That is an awesome collection and sounds like an awesome wife!

I can't help but have ~8 Spydies (out of almost 40) on my dresser to swap around as EDC.