My First!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
lonesomeagle1

My First!

Post by lonesomeagle1 »

Pete from NJ
collector of sharp things
This is my first Spyderco!
Tenacious G-10
Will be my EDC for sure

Liquid Cobra

Re: My First!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Welcome to the forum LE1.

That's a pretty great shot of your new Tenacious. You be carefull, that exact same knife was my first Spyderco purchase. It's kind of the gateway drug of the Spyderco world. Next it will be a Para-Military 2 and then who knows what. It starts with the Tenacious..
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

And the Spydie-bite is incurable. Welcome to the hobby! I have no doubt you'll end up with some others to keep that one company lol. You may even start carrying a pair of Spydies to better augment any cutting tasks you come across (Large+small, or plain edge+serrated edge, etc.).
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Welcome, Pete. That's a good knife, congratulations on your first Spyderco! What part of Jersey are you from?

Dan
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Welcome to the forum LE1.

That's a pretty great shot of your new Tenacious. You be carefull, that exact same knife was my first Spyderco purchase. It's kind of the gateway drug of the Spyderco world. Next it will be a Para-Military 2 and then who knows what. It starts with the Tenacious..
First of all, Welcome Pete, you will love this place and Spyderco's in general, second I had to laugh at LC comment, so so true, I think a lot of us started out getting our first bite by a tenacious, persistence etc and then all **** broke loose, since my first spydie bite a little over a year ago I've been bitten close to 40 more times.... :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
lonesomeagle1

Post by lonesomeagle1 »

OldSarSwmr wrote:Welcome, Pete. That's a good knife, congratulations on your first Spyderco! What part of Jersey are you from?

Dan
Beautiful Sparta in Northwest NJ

OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Cool picture, Pete. I'm very familiar with Sparta, I grew up in Parsippany.

Dan
Titomake

Post by Titomake »

Welcome to the forum.

Nice pic of your tenacious and of the place you are. Tenacious was not my first Spyderco (a Caly 3.5 was) but it is an unbeatable EDC knife.

Regards.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome, and once you get used to the hump and Spyderco hole, you won't go back. I know I can't. Stick around. :)
- best wishes, Jazz.
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Yes, its like a virus or mania. But sweet mania or maddness. :) I started in 2012-2013 (maybe, not sure) with sprint run green Tenacious, then blue Persistance, Tenacious again black on black, then some custom scales on Tenacious, Tenacious green again, P'kal.. Yojimbo 2... Dodo...

Thinking about Police, Manix moonglow (hard situacion), or even Yoyimbo 1. Yes spyderhole have something... If you love it from first see, you love it forever. That love will not rust. :)