Show your knife and your ride!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Liquid Cobra

Show your knife and your ride!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I've noticed we tend to show pictures of our spydies while sitting in a vehicle. Most typically because we just picked it up from the store or the post office. So let's see it! I drive a 2012 Jeep Patriot. I like it but wish it was the Wrangler. Maybe someday, if I stop buying knives and save some money.

Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
remnar

Post by remnar »

This one was taken on the tailgate of my Nissan Frontier.

And here's the truck...

3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

About time...I thought I'd be the one to cave and make this thread haha. I have 3 vehicles (4 if my quad counts) but only one is convenient to take a picture of right now as it's getting dark outside. The '77 K5 and my '64 Impala will have to wait for the time being, but this is my daily driver. It's a 2005 GMC Canyon that I've done some work to...most of what I've done to it isn't cosmetic and would take at least a couple of posts to cover, but this is a knife forum first and foremost so you'll have to take my word for it. Until I can transition my K5 to my daily driver duty it will have to run like it is. I want to cut out the IFS and swap in a Dana 44, replace the rear axle with a Corp 12 bolt (Both of which my K5 has, but I do have a Dana 60 rear and a HD Dana 44 from a 1970 Powerwagon that I may swap under it...both of which have 4.88's already and the 60 has a posi), and swap the L52 inline 5 for a 4bt Cummins (A Detroit 3-53T would be my ideal choice to REALLY make it a "Screamin' Jimmy" but they're just too hard to find, as are people who know how to rebuild them). The truck is blue so my SuperBlue Stretch seemed the most apt (It's half dark so the pictures aren't very good).

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
asmith001

Post by asmith001 »

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Rigger I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea what you just said lol. Nice truck though!

Great shot Asmith!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Rigger I'm not gonna lie, I have no idea what you just said lol. Nice truck though!

Great shot Asmith!
I gave the simple explanation lol...I'm used to most peoples eyes glazing over when I start talking about the specifics of vehicles. Lets keep the photos coming!

---> Branden
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Work Honda (96' Accord) ..... you can just see over the steering wheel, 397,000+ miles and still running strong.

Personal Honda (13' Accord Sport) ..... barely 25K miles

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

Used it to open a package today.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Crude but there ya go. If I'd spend less money on knives, it probably wouldn't be sitting with half the engine and interior torn out (and that's not a joke).

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Holland

Post by Holland »

not my personal vehicle, but took a picture with my work truck in the background. 2012 F550, got'r when she had 400 km, almost at 30k already

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Here's my baby: A 2012 GMC Sierra 1500. First shot is of the day we bought it and the second is with the Sprint Dyad Jr. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Vehicle two out of three (I may include my quad and bump that to four at some point). Chose the Vallotton for these pictures. The truck is an old girl that saw farm duty for a long time...made especially obvious by the farmer style running boards and aftermarket second fuel tank. The rear quarters and floorpans are pretty rotten through with rust, but I can replace those with new panels at some point in the future. It's a 59,000 mile vehicle and I'm the third owner, and I knew I'd be sitting on it for a while before doing anything with it...totally worth it though because of the rather rare and desirable configurations of factory options. It has a 350 V8 mated to a quite rare factory 4 speed manual (Saginaw SM465), and a bulletproof np205 gear driven transfer case. Unlike the newer flat fronted K5 Blazers that have 10 bolt axles front and rear, this one has a flat knuckle Dana 44 in the front and a 12 bolt in the rear. It also has no power options (Manual glass including the tailgate), and factory A/C which is VERY rare on a Canadian truck but quite popular in US sold models at the time. And there's just nothing better than orange plaid seats, obviously. The axles are both open diff with 3.07 gears, but I'm going to remedy that when I lift it and do a partial restoration on it. I'm thinking a 6" suspension lift, 37" tires, replace the 350 with a 383 stroker, 4.10's or 4.56's and an Auburn ECTED locker in the rear, and a standard Auburn E-Locker in the front. When they introduce the 2.5L Duramax 4 cylinder in the new Chevy Colorado in 2016 I'll have a hard look at it, but if I can't get a manual transmission 4x4 with the diesel, this thing will see the equivalent in funds and become my next daily driver...we'll see how it turns out.

---> Branden
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

My trusty GMC 3500 and a Ti Milli

Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

My Crosstrek and Dice (if you can spot it) ;)

Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

That's a good way to go about getting a flat!

@liquid_cobra
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Nah, it just adds traction. :rolleyes:
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Spydersense wrote:Nah, it just adds traction. :rolleyes:
Guess that brings a whole new meaning to “locking” differential! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
victorf

Re: Show your knife and your ride!

Post by victorf »

My second Spyderco - two days old Para 2 Elmax next to the titanium shift knob I recently made.

3rdGenRigger

Re: Show your knife and your ride!

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

That's a C6 Corvette if my eyes don't deceive me...what model configuration? I'm a big Corvette fan...I go to Vegas at least a couple times a year and my folks have a '99 Corvette Coupe that I have too much fun in every time I go down there. Diggin' the light interior with the Elmax PM2.