Show your knife and your ride!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Scroop

Re: Show your knife and your ride!

Post by Scroop »

I bet the MPG is awful :eek:
Sushimoto

Post by Sushimoto »

Scroop wrote:I bet the MPG is awful :eek:
Yes, you're right. Not the best MPG.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I'd bet that the Memories Per Gallon are pretty good though.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I'd bet that the Memories Per Gallon are pretty good though.
+1 :)

My father once owned a '69 Camaro that got around 6-8 mpg IIRC on a four-speed manual tranny. He drove it with a lead foot and likely burned through many good tires. :o Despite that, he said it was one heck of a good time to drive... :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

My 2006 Dodge SRT8 Charger. I spent 3 1/2 years building her. She's be in retirement for the last five years. Last time I drove her was July 3rd 2014.

USMC Disabled Veteran 69/73 Semper Fi
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Congratulations on the cover, TALON52. Amazing build. You may be interested in another thread on this forum.
Blerv's Car Chit-Chat
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Carbon fiber knife next to my carbon fiber Emonda :D

The Emonda is how I get around most days :)
Last edited by vivi on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

Mad Mac wrote:Congratulations on the cover, TALON52. Amazing build. You may be interested in another thread on this forum.
Blerv's Car Chit-Chat
Thanks for the kind words!

Her she sits in the MOPAR booth at SEMA.

Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

As the kids say, " That's sick ! " Or maybe they don't say that anymore.

Anyway, this thread is intended for photographing a Spyderco knife AND your ride. A darn near impossible feat to do well.
That's why I mentioned Blerv's thread. No knife required.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

In my pocket while I finished a polish session.
Knife- Military fluted titanium
Ride- Volvo S60 D4 2.0....165bhp with 75mpg average (Often it's in the 80s!) and none of that hybrid bobbins required ;)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

laylow

Post by laylow »

demoncase wrote:In my pocket while I finished a polish session.
Ride- Volvo S60 D4 2.0....165bhp with 75mpg average (Often it's in the 80s!) and none of that hybrid bobbins required ;)
I'm very, very annoyed all the great diesels available in Europe are not for sale in here in the States.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

laylow wrote:
demoncase wrote:In my pocket while I finished a polish session.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/ ... q8itet.jpg
I'm very, very annoyed all the great diesels available in Europe are not for sale in here in the States.
Don't feel too bad- you get some fine V8s to soften the blow :)
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

demoncase

Post by demoncase »

My recent purchase- Vauxhall Insignia SRI- sports seats, 18" alloys, 2.0 CDTi Diesel that turns in 60mpg :)

3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I seem to have the same problem with vehicles that I do with Spydercos...the problem being that I accrue more of them than most people understand. I don't see it as a problem though...more options for entertainment and experience. This is vehicle number 6 currently, but I'll be selling one in the next couple of months to bring the number back down to 5. Look closely to spot the Chaparral.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden