Christmas Day Spydies Received

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
xceptnl

Christmas Day Spydies Received

Post by xceptnl »

Alright guys, I am starting the official 2013 Spydie Christmas show-off thread. What'd you get and from whom. Tell all you wish, but be sure to remember to SHOW the goods. I will be back with some pics of my own tomorrow.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
M80

Post by M80 »

Breeden Rescue and Baliyo from my Dad.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I got a spyderco resilience in the secret Santa on #sharpthings Irc chat from samwise :D pics tomorrow
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

None here, as the folks in my family know I'm way too picky to be able to buy something like a knife for me. I'd have to pick it out and then it wouldn't be a surprise. However, I got a new G Shock that I've been lusting over for a while now and I'm super happy with it. I haven't taken pics so here's a Casio pic.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Well, since you asked, I got a Caly 3.5 ZDP 189 completely customized with smoothly rounded edges, stonewashed blade, and redone edge. After years, it's hard to get a gift for your wife/husband, so we got our own this year.

- best wishes, Jazz.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Damascus/Titanium Delica. This is my first Delica...and it's a really cool knife. Thinner than the FRN version I gifted my dad, and a little heavier and yet more solid feeling.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

My wife got me a new Dragonfly-2 G10 for Christmas. Feels like a totally different knife compared to my FRN DF-2.

"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
_shlee_

Post by _shlee_ »

Evil D wrote:None here, as the folks in my family know I'm way too picky to be able to buy something like a knife for me. I'd have to pick it out and then it wouldn't be a surprise. However, I got a new G Shock that I've been lusting over for a while now and I'm super happy with it. I haven't taken pics so here's a Casio pic.

I actually got the 3230 Which is my first Gshock.
NinjaRyder0920

Post by NinjaRyder0920 »

Christmas gifts to me from me...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

^ Jealous of both. I doubt I would carry the bali (even if I could legally), but I'd still love to own one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
NinjaRyder0920

Post by NinjaRyder0920 »

Evil D wrote:^ Jealous of both. I doubt I would carry the bali (even if I could legally), but I'd still love to own one.
I was looking for a few months for a smallfly. I was hoping to find the blue BladeHQ exclusive, but no one wanted to let that one go, so the black G10 was my next choice! I haven't decided if I will carry it (more of a collectors piece for me), but I am excited to have a Southard again!
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey guys,
Here's my gift from my wife.
She originally ordered a Yo 2 from Howes, as the site said they had one in stock. She even got a order confirmation.
After two days, there was no activity on our bank site, so she called and left a message about her concerns. Before she could hang up, Jim picks up the phone.
He hadn't planned on coming in to the shop, (Christmas Eve), but dropped by to take care of something.
He heard my wife's message, and felt he needed to address the issue.
Turns out the website hadn't been updated, and the Yo 2 was actually out of stock.
She asked about the Techno (ain't I got an awesome wife?), and although it isn't even listed on his site, he said he had access to one.
He gave it to her at his cost, and sent it out that day.
I got the knife, and Jim tossed in a free gift for the inconvenience, a BCB International fishing kit.
I just wanted to say thanks to Jim for his outstanding customer service!
And thanks to my wife for putting up with me and getting me such an awesome gift!
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Wow! Great hauls everyone :D .

I got a Balance and Junior for Christmas. Breeder Rescue, Ladybug ZDP, and Squeak for my bday. Plus I have a package coming from Travis in New Zealand with 4 regrinds to show off.

2014 is going to be a great year! Happy New Year to everyone :) !
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Blerv wrote:Wow! Great hauls everyone :D .

I got a Balance and Junior for Christmas. Breeder Rescue, Ladybug ZDP, and Squeak for my bday. Plus I have a package coming from Travis in New Zealand with 4 regrinds to show off.

2014 is going to be a great year! Happy New Year to everyone :) !
Travis was showing off your package on IG. Looks like you will be pleased.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Let us know how you like that Techno. It's on my list to consider.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Here are the three new Spydies I received for Christmas from my beautiful bride (she continues to spoil me rotten! :D ):

I'd been wanting one of these since they came out:

The Chokwe is one of my wife's favorite Spyderco designs. I have to agree :D :

The Hungarian was one model I had been really looking forward to all year. CTS-XHP steel, polished G-10 handle scales, polished SS bolsters, excellent fit and finish...sigh. It was love at first sight!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal