Post a spydie and a gun thread

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Evil D

Re: Post a spydie and a gun thread

Post by Evil D »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Evil D wrote:Image
I really miss having a Nilakka. I got a BNIB one for $100, tried to sharpen it, messed it up, sold it because I couldn't stand looking at it. It was such a great knife, I really will have to replace it someday.

You dang Americans and your guns. Showing off all these lovely pieces us Canucks can't own due to barrel limits. Technically we can own a Glock 43 but we would have to replace the barrel with a longer one so that it would stick out about an inch and a half out from the slide. Yuck.

Anyway, keep posting. I enjoy the combos!
So what exactly is the law? You can't own one this SMALL? That seems kind of backwards doesn't it?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Holland

Post by Holland »

Evil D wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
I really miss having a Nilakka. I got a BNIB one for $100, tried to sharpen it, messed it up, sold it because I couldn't stand looking at it. It was such a great knife, I really will have to replace it someday.

You dang Americans and your guns. Showing off all these lovely pieces us Canucks can't own due to barrel limits. Technically we can own a Glock 43 but we would have to replace the barrel with a longer one so that it would stick out about an inch and a half out from the slide. Yuck.

So what exactly is the law? You can't own one this SMALL? That seems kind of backwards doesn't it?

Smaller = more concealable

My G19 has the barrel sticking out a tad from the slide. Looks kinda cool tbh, but our laws are awful
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

~David
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Yeah Holland nailed it.

We are allowed to own handguns for target shooting only. So some genius decided that if you were using a pistol for target practice you woul never use a smaller pistol or the smaller calibers. Which is why there is a barrel length limit and why most small calibers are banned.

Oh Canada...
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

British Columbia for the 51st state!
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Yeah Holland nailed it.

We are allowed to own handguns for target shooting only. So some genius decided that if you were using a pistol for target practice you woul never use a smaller pistol or the smaller calibers. Which is why there is a barrel length limit and why most small calibers are banned.

Oh Canada...
So does that mean you're fine owning a .50 Desert Eagle but not a Taurus PT-22? That makes SO much sense :rolleyes:

Go out and buy yourself a badass target competition 1911 .45. That way when you go psycho and start shooting up your neighborhood you'll have the most accurate and powerful handgun you can get. BUT, you'll have a hard time concealing it LOL.
~David
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Evil D wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:Yeah Holland nailed it.

Oh Canada...
So does that mean you're fine owning a .50 Desert Eagle but not a Taurus PT-22? That makes SO much sense :rolleyes:

Go out and buy yourself a badass target competition 1911 .45. That way when you go psycho and start shooting up your neighborhood you'll have the most accurate and powerful handgun you can get. BUT, you'll have a hard time concealing it LOL.

No true....just wear bigger bulkier clothes...LOL...Doc:)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Evil D wrote:
Yup! .50 desert eagle is legal and fine. The Taurus PT-22 is too small, so illegal. 22 cal is legal, but it was left legal only due to its popularity. Pretty much everything else that size is illegal.

You think that's bad, your missing out on the part where all pistols have to be registered, and can only be taken to the range and to your home, no stopping or detours. Oh and you need a transport permit to legally take it to the range.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Evil D wrote:
Yup! .50 desert eagle is legal and fine. The Taurus PT-22 is too small, so illegal. 22 cal is legal, but it was left legal only due to its popularity. Pretty much everything else that size is illegal.

You think that's bad, your missing out on the part where all pistols have to be registered, and can only be taken to the range and to your home, no stopping or detours. Oh and you need a transport permit to legally take it to the range.

Sounds like fun.....Doc:(
remnar

Post by remnar »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
What if they're doing construction and you actually run into a detour on the way to the range. :confused: :D

Do they also charge you for each transportation permit?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

remnar wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:
What if they're doing construction and you actually run into a detour on the way to the range. :confused: :D

Do they also charge you for each transportation permit?
No there's no fee other than the one you pay for your firearms license which expires every 5 years. You actually get what's called a long term authorization to transport permit which lasts the 5 years as well. This covers trips to your range that you are a member of. Some provinces restrict you to only going to the specific range you are a member of, not all ranges around you. Here in bc my permit allows me to go to any range. Now if I was moving or something, I would have to apply for a short term transport permit which would indicate which day and time I could transport the firearm to my new address.

Now when I say you have to go directly to the range from your house without stopping, there is some wiggle room. If you need to stop for gas or something. That's ok, kind of. You couldn't say, wake up in the morning drive around all day running errands and then go to the range at night.

It's an awful mess and a good example of what happens when you let people pass laws based on emotions and irrational fear. You guys keep your rights and fight for them. Don't be like Canada!

@liquid_cobra
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Evil D wrote:
A few years ago they increased the minimum barrel length to 105mm I believe. This is actually almost 4.2 inches and since 4 inch barrels are extremely popular in the US many guns had to be adapted to comply. For a pistol it is easy, just make longer barrels and let them stick out a little. The only reason I am really aware of this is because I am a bit of a Ruger nut too. I love Ruger revolvers almost as much as Spydies. Anyway, Ruger increased the barrel length of their 4 inch revolvers to 4.2 inches a few years ago to remain Canada compliant.

Oh yeah, Spydie and a gun. Ruger GP100 vs grouse. I don't think it felt anything.

Last edited by bearfacedkiller on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

I love my GP100. I can hit soda cans at 50 yards with it and one of these days I am gonna harvest a deer with it.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Heh, I came really really close to getting a GP100 with the intention of trying to conceal the thing and carry it. It didn't take much to bring me to my senses, but I still want one really bad.
~David
bearfacedkiller

Yeah, I carry this in a strong side holster while hunting and it gets heavy with all my other gear. I couldn't imagine trying to conceal it. :eek: The SP101 isn't even that easy to conceal but I find concealing most guns awkward and uncomfortable. I'm too thin. I carry an LCP in my RFP or a PF9 IWB. In the winter I will sometimes keep a SP101 or LCR in my right coat pocket.
-Darby
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Latest addition to my arsenal, a Beretta PX4 Storm in .45 ACP.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

maliboy67

Post by maliboy67 »

Evil D wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:

Prohib in Canada= 25 and 32acp, any hand gun with a barrel under 4.25". But we can own an AR carbine with a 7" barrel go figure.
JT

Post by JT »

My trusty old CZ85...

and my bling bling CZ75 ( or half of it, lol, the top part is @ my gunsmith)
Last edited by JT on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”