Post a spydie and a gun thread

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Pokey

Re: Post a spydie and a gun thread

Post by Pokey »

Mad Mac wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:29 am
Pokey wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 9:28 am
Someone on one of the S&W forums started a photo thread of "Revolvers And Knives," so I threw this shot together and submitted it. One of my "helpers" was sitting on the windowsill above the glass swatting her tail back and forth. I had to time it right so I didn't get a tail in the photo.
I'm kind of new around here. Tell me about that glass.
It's called a BenShot Lil' Native Rocks Glass. Spyderco teamed up with BenShot using an LC200N blade from a Lil' Native knife to make the glass.

They're available right here: https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details/RG01/1858
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Thank you!
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
CDKJudoka

Post by CDKJudoka »

KnotTheory

Post by KnotTheory »

Dad's Ruger P85, Mark II naturally, with his Spyderco Manix, and a Surge to stand in for his Leatherman Wave. My father left this world far too early, just over 15 years ago now. This was his last loadout, with the exception of the Leatherman Surge, that's actually mine, his Wave was actually buried with him because my sister said we couldn't send him to heaven without it.

This was on my mind today because a very kind redditor tipped me off where I could buy some spare parts for the pistol. I hadn't fired this pistol very much recently because it's still all original, other than the Mark II recall being performed at the factory. I know these things are tanks but it just gave me anxiety to think I might break a part, mostly because this will never be my pistol. It will always be his and I must take care of it.

The Manix was the last knife I ever gave him, he'd barely had it 8 months before he passed away. He always preferred tip down carry and I've always left it that way for him.

You ever look at a picture and realize you're becoming your parents...
⟨ x , y ∣ x 2 = y 3
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

When my brother-in-law's department retired their P85s, they offered them to the officers. His was worn and had a "patina" from many years of patrolling and cleaning. I gave him the money to buy it and give to his son. It might not seem like much now I told him, but decades from now it would be a durable reminder of his service, a heritage of law enforcement and a family heirloom.

This was inspired by the fact that the only thing I had of my grandfather's, whom I never knew, buried in a foreign country, was his revolver. When held in my hand, it provided a tactile connection to him, to his spirit, that bridged time and space.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
KnotTheory

Post by KnotTheory »

Mad Mac wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:07 pm
When my brother-in-law's department retired their P85s, they offered them to the officers. His was worn and had a "patina" from many years of patrolling and cleaning. I gave him the money to buy it and give to his son. It might not seem like much now I told him, but decades from now it would be a durable reminder of his service, a heritage of law enforcement and a family heirloom.

This was inspired by the fact that the only thing I had of my grandfather's, whom I never knew, buried in a foreign country, was his revolver. When held in my hand, it provided a tactile connection to him, to his spirit, that bridged time and space.
Well for what it's worth I'm very glad you did that. A man's (or a woman's for that matter) pistol is something truly sacred. I think my dad got his in 1987, and it went with him and us all kinds of places. It was there when hurricanes knocked out power for a few days. It was there at 3 AM in rural Arkansas when strangers wouldn't leave us alone. It was also the first semiautomatic I ever fired. Thankfully, this pistol has never fired a single shot at a person. I am however pretty sure dad must have shot at snakes with it at least once.

And bear in mind, my father was just an engineer. I can only imagine the life a service weapon must have had. I have two trade in police guns, and I sometimes wonder what they would say if they had the powers of human perception, recall and speech.

It is a nostalgia trip to think about the time when the Ruger P85 was the state of the art. It is the Glock 19X of 1985. It is now so old it has gone from trendy, to ugly and clunky and old, to retro cool.

I do wish Spyderco would give us another original Manix run though. I love the Manix 2, it's great. But the original was a very different knife.
⟨ x , y ∣ x 2 = y 3
CDKJudoka

Post by CDKJudoka »

Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

delete message
Last edited by Makunochimaster on Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Been too long since this thread got a bump.

This was going to be my calendar submission this year but 1) I don't think we're allowed to enter pics that contain other brand items? and 2) people got pretty cranky about bullets in the forum banner pic so they'd probably have an aneurysm if it actually made it into the calendar so I'll just leave it here :D

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I like it. The SP is “what a .357 should look like”. I don’t have one anymore, but my 5” GP covers it for now.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:54 pm
This was going to be my calendar submission this year but 1) I don't think we're allowed to enter pics that contain other brand items? and 2) people got pretty cranky about bullets in the forum banner pic so they'd probably have an aneurysm if it actually made it into the calendar so I'll just leave it here :D

Only someone from Spyderco could say for sure, but if I'm reading the rules correctly I'm pretty sure it would be admissible if you "photoshopped" out the Ruger markings. As for point 2, the world might be a better place if some folks had aneurysms. ;)

Will just add, that's one great looking wheel gun. :)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
snaz

Post by snaz »

Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Superflex

Post by Superflex »

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

One can never have too much wood.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

My SW1911SC and the Starmate have been featured on this thread before,
albeit in separate posts, but this is my tribute to Tom Selleck.

The Invicta is an homage to the "Pepsi" Rolex GMT
worn by Selleck for product placement in Magnum PI.
After the series ended, Rolex gave it to him to keep.
He wore it a lot and it appears in his Jesse Stone movies.

As Jesse Stone, he carried the Gunsite special edition SW1911SC in a Yaqui holster
like the one in this picture, except it was black with a Gunsite Raven tooled on it.

In his western movies, Selleck carried a Bowie knife.
Don't recall him ever having a folder.
But he was a big man and old school, so if he did carry a folder
I think the Starmate would have appealed to him.

So, here is a facsimile of what Tom Selleck's dump tray might look like.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageCZ75B Omega with a Lefty Military on British early pattern camo jacket .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
backtrail540

Post by backtrail540 »

RevMike

Post by RevMike »

A couple of the big guys.

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.