C29 Cricket w/ Battle Scars

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
kennethsime

C29 Cricket w/ Battle Scars

Post by kennethsime »

Hi all, thought you might appreciate a pic of this little guy brought in today by a customer. He says he uses 90% for opening boxes and cutting up cardboard etc, not sure how he managed to snap off the tip. I won't be touching this one, but the experienced sharpener will be bringing the spine down to the edge somehow or another.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Holland

Post by Holland »

would love to see after shots please!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I'd love to get a hold of it and rid it of the hooked tip and a lot of the belly. I've decided it's really a useless blade shape, except for clam packs.
- best wishes, Jazz.
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

I vote for this:

Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Normally I don't see sharpening I take in, unless the customer leaves it for a week or more. This time was an exception, and I managed to snap a pic.

The sharpener aimed to keep it close to original, not grind up the edge, and remove as little stock as possible.

If it were my knife, I think I would aim for a more precise tip, taking off a little more of the spine. But this will definitely be less likely to snap off.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

You did an excellent job, bro. :cool:
- best wishes, Jazz.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Jazz wrote:You did an excellent job, bro. :cool:
This one I cannot take credit for, as I said earlier this one was done by the professional sharpener here at work. I will be sure to pass on your kinda words, though. :-)

kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

DJFrostbyte wrote:I vote for this:

I just like that you were able to make that look fairly realistic. Smudge tool?

heathen

Post by heathen »

Looks great! That first pic really made me cringe. This thread makes me miss my cricket even more! ;-(
God Bless
Heath