Show the Native some love!!!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Mutt wrote:BH49 What is the native on the lower right of your pic (wood grain handle)?? I've seen the forum knife and even the moon glow before , but I've never seen that one.
I'm may not be BH49, but I can provide you with the answer: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... er-Native5
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

Thanks Jabba359 Now can you get a little more info? Like the web site of the guy that made those scales?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:This was my first Spydie!

Nice. IIRC only 400 were made.
phillipsted wrote:My only Native is a modded N5. Great knife, but one that I don't carry enough...

TedP

Why?????????? tell me why?????????
You know, never mind. Just send this beauty to me and I will carry and use for you :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Mutt wrote:Thanks Jabba359 Now can you get a little more info? Like the web site of the guy that made those scales?
http://www.cuscadi.de/english/

They are based in Germany and do excellent work, but are not cheap.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

Thanks for the website and the warning, but nothing worth doing is going to be cheap anymore. And man does that Ironwood Native look GOOD!
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

I just went to that website thank you, like I wasn't addicted enough. I wanted to buy every other knife / scale set there. Next time I ask such a stupid ? just LIE and tell me you don't know. (yeah right... don't ever do that) And yes, i sent an inquiry about ironwood scales for a native 5.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

jabba359 wrote:http://www.cuscadi.de/english/
They are based in Germany and do excellent work, but are not cheap.
I wish I could find somebody in US to make the job, but I couldn't. There is one person, I forgot to ask, not sure if he currently interested. This is our Tony.
Mutt wrote:I just went to that website thank you, like I wasn't addicted enough. I wanted to buy every other knife / scale set there. Next time I ask such a stupid ? just LIE and tell me you don't know. (yeah right... don't ever do that) And yes, i sent an inquiry about ironwood scales for a native 5.
Check their facebook page and you will give them all your money, which left after :spyder: shopping.
What can be better than Desert Ironwood Native5?
Probably only Desert Ironwood Native5 with S110V blade :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Mutt

Post by Mutt »

Maybe osage orange native 5
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

xceptnl wrote:This was my first Spydie!

any chance you'd sell that beauty? I would pay a pretty price.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Knivesinedc wrote:any chance you'd sell that beauty? I would pay a pretty price.
Even in a BST type forum I don't know if I could let that Spydie go. I think I paid less than $45 shipped quite a few years ago. I went through a phase where all I wanted were black coated plain edge blades. This passed and I much prefer the raw steel finishes now. I may even try to find a SE brother to this one later on in the year (after I have paid for all my other wants).

Knivesinedc wrote:Outdoors over Indoors, Mountains over Beach and Spyderco over any other.
Love your signature line by the way!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

No problem just thought id try. Thanks! you got a lot of Spydies.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Dexon72

Post by Dexon72 »

[ATTACH]22155[/ATTACH]
Attachments
3V7H0060-ММ.jpg
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

bh49 wrote:May be it is not as attractive as it used to be, but is my first knife with Spyderhole. Bought is walmart for $40, just to see what is S30V about. Was used and carried for about six month, that became the car knife. Due stupidity I lent it two two people. One of them spilled some acid on it. I scatch-brited. The second, I even have no idea, what did he do, but when he returned it, edge was .020" wide. So I touch it up on a belt sander with 220 grit and than sharpened on sharpmaker. I became much more selective on who I can lend my knife to :rolleyes:

These are my FFG Natives. I strongly prefer FFG to hollow grind on this knife. Hopefully I will have several more N5 before end of the year. Couple Forum knives, one CF and hopefully lightweights. Natives, especially Native5 fit my hand just perfect. I love it's weight and the handle, which is a little thicker than on Native4. Also screw construction allow to put custom scales quite easy.

The favorite blade is on 2009 Forum. A little swedge is not deal breaker, but I prefer blades without it. Also I can only wish that N5 would have a low riding wire clip like Calys, still not a deal breaker. I love my Persians and they sticking out of the pocket even more.
That is a beautiful collection.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

DRKBC wrote:That is a beautiful collection.
Thank you. I hope that I will be able to add at least two more N5 in 2013. :)

DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

bh49 wrote:Thank you. I hope that I will be able to add at least two more N5 in 2013. :)
You know when I looked at your photo, I thought I really don't collect groups of knives. I collect one of anything that I find has an interesting design or is completely different than anything else I own. That is probably proof that I haven't been doing this for as long as many of you experienced members. I think it is great that you hone in on something that really works for you. It inspires me to start to push more in that direction. I still like the unusual models like the phoenix and Chockwe but I need to build up my sprints in models I love like the Native, Manix, Para & possibly Military which I should be receiving today :)
racer88

Post by racer88 »

I like the shape of the Native blade. The swedge in the spine just looks "right." Combine that with DLC and serrations, and it's perfect!

This is the only serrated blade in my collections of Spydies... until Monday. That's when my Matriarch 2 should be arriving.

Holland

Post by Holland »

racer88 wrote:I like the shape of the Native blade. The swedge in the spine just looks "right." Combine that with DLC and serrations, and it's perfect!

This is the only serrated blade in my collections of Spydies... until Monday. That's when my Matriarch 2 should be arriving.

I have the opposite opinion, I think the older natives with the swedge to tactical for my taste. That's why I really like the native 5, it looks a lot more classy
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

racer88 wrote:I like the shape of the Native blade. The swedge in the spine just looks "right." Combine that with DLC and serrations, and it's perfect!

**** that is sexy. I wish I had known how good DLC was when I bought my SE Native.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Holland wrote:I have the opposite opinion, I think the older natives with the swedge to tactical for my taste. That's why I really like the native 5, it looks a lot more classy
Could not have said it better, myself.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Holland wrote:I have the opposite opinion, I think the older natives with the swedge to tactical for my taste. That's why I really like the native 5, it looks a lot more classy
Heck... there are a lot of "classy" Spydies that I own. That's kinda why I like the "tactical" look of this Native.

Here's my "classiest" Spydie (not a Native). :-D