It's mine and you can't have it......

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Divo

Post by Divo »

Last week I bought the Blue Lightweight. And I'm very pleased with it. This Black one I also would buy immediately. Looks very good. :)
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Senate wrote:what about this one? ;) :D
Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Put me down for three :eek: ;)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
jaybraueir

Post by jaybraueir »

im an engraver and would like your advise on a metal handled one.. for engraving
what metal model would you like engraved?
Holland

Post by Holland »

a metal handle wouldnt be so lightweight ;)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Evil D

Re: It's mine and you can't have it......

Post by Evil D »

Ok time to bump this. It sounds as though this knife was a one off creation...so I need to know two things:

1. Any further thought of a production run?

2. Who do I sell my soul to so I can get a S110V version in DLC? I will also consider trading blood, plasma, and a kidney.
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

They could make a sprint forum S110V DLV with a prerequisite of donating blood to the Red Cross or the equivalent, let's say 5 time or as they see fit, to be eligible to buy it.

I never donated blood, but would start right away!
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Laethageal wrote:They could make a sprint forum S110V DLV with a prerequisite of donating blood to the Red Cross or the equivalent, let's say 5 time or as they see fit, to be eligible to buy it.

I donated in HS, and then went back a few years back to do it again on my own but by then I had gotten a few tattoos and piercings and they turned me down :(
Invective

Post by Invective »

Laethageal wrote:They could make a sprint forum S110V DLV with a prerequisite of donating blood to the Red Cross or the equivalent, let's say 5 time or as they see fit, to be eligible to buy it.

I would definitely be down for that! Can't donate until December because I just gave double-red-blood-cell in August but I try to give as often a I can. It makes it easier because the blood center I go to gives out 10% off Coupons to Sports Basement and two AMC Gold Tickets :D

And Evil D, I think you have to wait a year for piercings before they will accept your blood again, so if it's been a year since you've gotten them you should check back with them!
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

Lol yup, a real teaser.
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
mastiff

Post by mastiff »

I just came across this thread after it was linked in another. As a lover of the Manix, oh how I would love one like this. I already have the G-10 satin, DLC G-10 version, and the black LW, this would be a great addition to the other three. My only change would be instead of DLC, I'd do it with TiCn like the new Pacific Salt.
mattman

Post by mattman »

mastiff wrote: My only change would be instead of DLC, I'd do it with TiCn like the new Pacific Salt.
DLC is generally accepted as the best option for black blades... Curious why you would prefer the TiNi over DLC??
mastiff

Post by mastiff »

Mostly the abrasion resistance that is touted. It's been used on firearm bores and components for a while now and it holds up well to extreme heat, pressure, and abrasion from projectiles travelling down the barrel in the thousands. Chrome seems to be a little tougher but isn't black. I've been looking at having a company try it on my beat up Delica on my next visit to my brother (he lives 100 miles away and their business is very close). S&W used it on their cheapest AR-15 copy for awhile and it seemed to do very well. A few manufacturers have said it costs less than chrome, and while it doesn't last as long it is much more durable than just a plain chrome moly or even stainless barrel. It also resists rust and corrosion better, probably another reason it's being tried on the P Salt. It also doesn't scrape off, as it's not really a coating. Rifle manufacturers and some end users report better accuracy with it than with chrome because the bore size doesn't change with TiNi. The TiNi is supposedly more uniform than the chrome lining. The chrome can have a thicker or thinner coating along the length of the barrel. TiNi makes closer machining possible from what I've read.

The only potential problem is it hardens the metal from what I understand, it could make a blade brittle or harder to sharpen. This is my understanding of the process and I could be wrong, this is just what I've gathered about it so far.

Spyderco has started doing this with a Delica 4 and Endura 4 but only in combo-edge, which I have no use for. The P Salt is another that they started doing this with as stated earlier, it must have some merit. It could be a trial run on the cheaper folders to see if it's viable? I'll probably get a P Salt next if I don't try to get my Delica done.