Spyderco Silhouettes

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
spoonrobot

Spyderco Silhouettes

Post by spoonrobot »

I always been most intrigued by the shape of Spyderco knives. They're so different that the rest of the market and always have a certain beauty that appeals to me. So I took a bunch of pictures a few years ago with the idea that I would edit them into just the silhouette of the knife and share them.

Well, I finally got around to it here's the result. For some reason the editing software won't save changes to the saturation above a certain level so some of the images have artifacts but most came out pretty well.

spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

spoonrobot wrote:I always been most intrigued by the shape of Spyderco knives. They're so different that the rest of the market and always have a certain beauty that appeals to me. So I took a bunch of pictures a few years ago with the idea that I would edit them into just the silhouette of the knife and share them.

Well, I finally got around to it here's the result. For some reason the editing software won't save changes to the saturation above a certain level so some of the images have artifacts but most came out pretty well.
Déjà vu... :)
Mocean

Post by Mocean »

Very cool. I was actually looking for something exactly like this the other day - life size knife silhouettes to help in an online knife purchase decision.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

They look awesome :D
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

So cool! The UKPK looks like a piece of functional modern art. Beautiful lines. Of course, it feels that good, too. :cool: Thanks for sharing.

- best wishes, Jazz.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Great pictures. Reminds me of a knife nut's game show. See the silhouette and buzz in to guess the correct model the fastest. I'd do well in a game show like that.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

Well done and thanx for the pics. Some look almost predatory.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Great shots, Spoon!

The sad thing is that I could name every one of these as I went down the page. So why can't I remember our Anniversary and the kids' birthdays? Argh. :rolleyes:

TedP
casey1

Post by casey1 »

it's like "who's that pokemon?" but with knives