JAfromMn's spydercos

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
JAfromMN

Re: JAfromMn's spydercos

Post by JAfromMN »

:cool: I've owned 38 different spyders my my count.

That's pretty awesome ...

I get a lot of enjoyment from this hobby Image
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

:cool: I've owned 38 different spyders my my count.

That's pretty awesome ...

I get a lot of enjoyment from this hobby Image

Actually now that I think about it I had a c44 dyad, endura one a old stainless endura and a serrated centofante 2

42'':)
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I got a police as a late Xmas gift

JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

I got a new friend for this summer.

C56ps

Tim Zowada

ImageImageImage
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

45 :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

How do you like Combo Edge?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Donut wrote:How do you like Combo Edge?

I really prefer the combo edge.

I had the plane edge crabonfiber a year or so ago and this seems to be the better of the two to use.

And I'm kinda a spyderedge nut :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

JAfromMN wrote:

I had the plane edge crabonfiber a year or so ago and this seems to be the better of the two to use.

I always feel like Combo Edge doesn't give me enough Plain Edge or Serrated edge. I think that has to do with blade length, though. The only combo edge knives I have are 3" blade ones. I do like to have 1 inch of PE on my Serrated blades, though. Giving up a little bit of serrations to have just enough PE to do something if you need to... seems to work for me.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Donut wrote:
JAfromMN wrote:

I always feel like Combo Edge doesn't give me enough Plain Edge or Serrated edge. I think that has to do with blade length, though. The only combo edge knives I have are 3" blade ones. I do like to have 1 inch of PE on my Serrated blades, though. Giving up a little bit of serrations to have just enough PE to do something if you need to... seems to work for me.
I seem to need my serrated edge to get a lot of the cuts I need to make started

I'm sure I'm just stuck in my ways.

I used to carry a fully serrated spyderco and a plane edge multi tool but I'm trying to slim down and maybe combo edge is the way to go.

I'm going to carry that one this summer.

Well see if I like it this fall
Donut

Post by Donut »

JAfromMN wrote:
Donut wrote:
JAfromMN wrote:

I used to carry a fully serrated spyderco and a plane edge multi tool but I'm trying to slim down and maybe combo edge is the way to go.

I hear you. I swear it feels like SE can make some things really easy that a PE knife would struggle with. That one, the Native Lightweight in SE comes with around 1" of PE near the tip and is very light. I see your pictures of one in PE. The Native 5 Lightweight comes in SE (without the larger PE portion) and that has S35VN, I think the added toughness would make the SE work better. (That is kind of opposite of ZDP logic, though.)

I don't know what you cut. Did you see that one guy who was an electrician and swore by the Rock Lobster? Maybe that Wharnie Delica would be your ticket.

Zenith used to post farm pics where he would cut some crazy tubing and stuff all with a PE.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Donut wrote:
JAfromMN wrote:
Donut wrote:
JAfromMN wrote:

I hear you. I swear it feels like SE can make some things really easy that a PE knife would struggle with. That one, the Native Lightweight in SE comes with around 1" of PE near the tip and is very light. I see your pictures of one in PE. The Native 5 Lightweight comes in SE (without the larger PE portion) and that has S35VN, I think the added toughness would make the SE work better. (That is kind of opposite of ZDP logic, though.)

I don't know what you cut. Did you see that one guy who was an electrician and swore by the Rock Lobster? Maybe that Wharnie Delica would be your ticket.

Zenith used to post farm pics where he would cut some crazy tubing and stuff all with a PE.
Lol I don't even know what in going to have to cut.

Life change. :)

I do plan on giving a new serrated native a try one day. It will be interesting to compare to the serrated zdp189. I think I prefer hardness of zdp but I also know it damages easy and s35v has got to be easier to fix if I did over use it.

And I'm going to look at the Wharncliffe delica more.. I kinda put buying new knives on the back burner but I can look :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

JAfromMN wrote:
Donut wrote:
JAfromMN wrote:
Donut wrote:
JAfromMN wrote:

I do plan on giving a new serrated native a try one day. It will be interesting to compare to the serrated zdp189. I think I prefer hardness of zdp but I also know it damages easy and s35v has got to be easier to fix if I did over use it.

And I'm going to look at the Wharncliffe delica more.. I kinda put buying new knives on the back burner but I can look :)
Alright, well, I have both a Native 5 SE and a PE Delica Wharnie, both don't see a ton of use and I have more than I can shake a stick at... so if you want to try one or both, you can let me know.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Donut wrote:
JAfromMN wrote:
Donut wrote:
JAfromMN wrote:
Donut wrote:
JAfromMN wrote:

Alright, well, I have both a Native 5 SE and a PE Delica Wharnie, both don't see a ton of use and I have more than I can shake a stick at... so if you want to try one or both, you can let me know.
Well thats exciting. I'm down to try some fully serrated ffg s30v

I got to take you up on that..

And it also reminds me I got a Milly I borrowed from a bro I need to get back to him. What can I say I suck at going to the post office.

Ffg s30v fs = drool & :)
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Im back ... im trying to figure out how to add pics.

Sorry i had to leave the group like i did for so long . I have epelepsy and i kinda hurt my brain .. long story

Anyway im going to trt be around again and i look forward to updating this post. I got alot of enjoyment here...

Thanks for putting up with me anx my poor memory and terrable spelling. :)
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JAfromMN wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:16 am

Sorry i had to leave the group like i did for so long . I have epelepsy and i kinda hurt my brain .. long story

Anyway im going to trt be around again and i look forward to updating this post. I got alot of enjoyment here...

Welcome back ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:36 pm
JAfromMN wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:16 am

Welcome back ! MG2
Great to be back
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Horn
Attachments
FB_IMG_1639278917851.jpg
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Santa fe stoneworks Worker

Post 1500 :winking-tongue :bug-red :winking-tongue :bug-white-red :winking-tongue :bug-red-white
Attachments
received_204277729279146.jpeg
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JAfromMN wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:35 pm
Santa fe stoneworks Worker

Post 1500 :winking-tongue :bug-red :winking-tongue :bug-white-red :winking-tongue :bug-red-white
Beautiful! Glad you can post pictures again ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau