Fixed Fixation.

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Reject

Re: Fixed Fixation.

Post by Reject »

Last edited by Reject on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
How much can a Koala bear?
Reject

Post by Reject »

ImageImage

Last edited by Reject on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
animportant

Post by animportant »

Beauties! Can you speak to some of your favorite users?

I've got a Swick 3, Swick 4, m390 Mule, Serrata. Looking to pick up a Sprig or Phil Wilson, and probably something in H1 in the future.

Love the Lums! I seriously kick myself for not grabbing the Paperstone when they came out.
Reject

Post by Reject »

animportant wrote:Beauties! Can you speak to some of your favorite users?

I've got a Swick 3, Swick 4, m390 Mule, Serrata. Looking to pick up a Sprig or Phil Wilson, and probably something in H1 in the future.

Love the Lums! I seriously kick myself for not grabbing the Paperstone when they came out.
I started to write up something on that subject, :o I did honest!
But it started to seem a bit like writing about which one of yours kids you like more than the others.
It just felt wrong! Image Do you think I may need help?

Anyway: just got a Sheath for my temperance. :D Love it.
The whole package makes it slimmer carry profile and is more in character with the nature of the Temperance.

Image http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now :rolleyes: if they will just make a leather sheath for the Bradley Bowie.

Last edited by Reject on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
International

Post by International »

As always, it's a joy to see your pics Reject.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I simply love this thread, an excellent theme for a collection and great photography! Spyderco, make more new fixed blades as I want to see this thread expand further!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

Reject

Post by Reject »

The Proficient Image up a gumtree.

Your need a knife like this when you up a gumtree; Image to protect yourself from the drop bears.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Incredible thread! Fun to look at.

...has me considering my next purchase!
Going back to Caly.
Reject

Post by Reject »

FB23BBK Aqua Salt Black Image

Last edited by Reject on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reject

Post by Reject »

Spyderco FB15PBBK Street Beat

Last edited by Reject on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reject

Post by Reject »

ImageImage
Last edited by Reject on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Thanks for the lightweight Street Beat shots, best comparison shots I've seen so far :) The lw version seems to be engineered more as a user knife, just wondering, does the lw's sheath fit the regular Street Beat?

There can never be too many Southfork pics :D

Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
Reject

Post by Reject »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Thanks for the lightweight Street Beat shots, best comparison shots I've seen so far :) The lw version seems to be engineered more as a user knife, just wondering, does the lw's sheath fit the regular Street Beat?

There can never be too many Southfork pics :D Image Agreed!
The new FB15PBBK fits in both sheathes, firmly with out any rattling. Old original Street Beat will work in the new sheath, but it is fairly loose and rattles. It would work; I can hold it upside down and rattle it about and it stays in. It will drop out if you try hard enough.

:eek: I would not advise carrying the old Street Beat it upside down in the new sheath.
Reject

Post by Reject »

Spyderco Szabohawk H01

ImageImage

Last edited by Reject on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reject

Post by Reject »

Comparison photos with a Cold Steel Trail Hawk.

I am not very good at being a collector. Because I feel I have to under stand and be able to use very item in my collection, Image even if that involves taking it out and knocking it around a bit.

As a young bloke; I worked with the Forestry Department and most days involved using axes. Axe using technique, is all about getting the most impact while using the least effort.

The Trail Hawk weight: 23.6 oz, the Szabohawk: 24.0 oz,

The Szabohawk is chucky little beast. But like any well designed tool, then you hold in the correct grip the weight disappears.

I had a used cardboard box lying around; so on to the ground it went, upside down. Took the Szabohawk in hand and aiming at the double layer on the bottom. With a simple flick of the wrist, it penetrated deeply through both layers. At first I wasn’t overly impressed.

Tried the same thing with Trail Hawk; taking a short grip, a flick of the wrist. The cardboard flexed and gave the point where the hawk glanced off to the side and actually bounced off with out cutting. Image I had just sharpened the Trail Hawk.

Tried it a few more times and found that Trail Hawk would penetrate the layers of cardboard ok. It just took a bit more of a determined swing and not just wrist flick.

NowImage the Szabohawk was beginning to impress me.

Last edited by Reject on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JT

Post by JT »

Wow, nice pics Reject!
That Szabohawk might be better for breaking in doors and zombie skulls rather than wood :D

The Aqua Salt, Street Beat and Street Bowie makes me drool... I just can't decide which one to get, brobably I'll get the Aqua... I think it has more versatile handle for EDC use. Any thoughts since you have all three?
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Reject

Post by Reject »

JT wrote:Wow, nice pics Reject!
That Szabohawk might be better for breaking in doors and zombie skulls rather than wood :D

The Aqua Salt, Street Beat and Street Bowie makes me drool... I just can't decide which one to get, brobably I'll get the Aqua... I think it has more versatile handle for EDC use. Any thoughts since you have all three?
:) I agree with you on the Szabohawk.

If you are into scuba diving, fishing or in an environment where to knife could be wet for long periods of time. Then the Aqua Salt is the one for you.

For normal EDC tasks, the smaller size of the Street Beat could make it a better choice.

But if you want something bigger than the Street Beat, you will not be disappointed if you get the Street Bowie.

All of them feel great in the hand and all are tough enough to get the job done.

:D But if you want a knife with a touch of class, the original Street Beat is the one to get.
JT

Post by JT »

Yep, the original Beat is a beauty.
My main concern is the deep choil on Beat and on Bowie.. do they limit the edc usage, sure they lock your hand pretty well, but can you, say whittle or cut/slice for longer periods without the choil being annoying? Also, how do they feel when in reverse grip?
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
Reject

Post by Reject »

JT wrote:Yep, the original Beat is a beauty.
My main concern is the deep choil on Beat and on Bowie.. do they limit the edc usage, sure they lock your hand pretty well, but can you, say whittle or cut/slice for longer periods without the choil being annoying? Also, how do they feel when in reverse grip?
I am neither a whittler nor a serious bush crafter; so that in to account with my view on this.

:) My opinion is exactly the opposite.

I feel that deep choil is a great aid to doing such jobs and makes the grip a more comfortable one to use.
It gives a lot more flexibility in how you hold the knife and in what fingers you use, and how much pressure each one applies.

With how many knives would feel that this was a safe enough grip for doing light tasks.

I feel as long as I don’t do anything silly, my hand is locked securely enough on the handle for doing light or precession cutting.

With heavier use, the other fingers apply pressure as well. I can even relax the pressure with the trigger finger without making the grip any less secure; as long as that finger stays in the choil.

For long jobs, it makes it easy to rest the hand with out putting down the knife. Just by hold knife lightly in the grip shown above.

The reverse grip? Feels real good. Lock the pinky into that choil, thumb over the top and it ain’t going anywhere you don’t want it to.

The Street Beat is about the only one I would use that thumb, finger trick with while cutting. Works ok with the Street Bowie, but would only use it if I wanted to apply very light pressure in the cut. It is an extremely comfortable handle on the Street Bowie.

The Aqua Salt has a very deep choil too; it is just not as pronounced has the other two.

Image Image