Spyderco Street Beat - Wow!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
vivi

Spyderco Street Beat - Wow!

Post by vivi »

I am going to feel so guilty the first time I scratch this one :D

More photos here: http://imgur.com/a/p6ZuS#0
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Wow is right! I need to pick up my first fixed blade spydie sometime.....
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

congrats man, that is one of the finest knives spyderco puts out. Thing comes laser sharp too...

enjoy it in good health!
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

And I love the micarta scales. Very very classy.

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

I just got one of these and am going to put into service as my fishing knife since I dont need a tactical blade. I love that it is small and the choil will be great when handling and cleaning trout that I catch. Might not be the best suited for that type of duty, but I have to put into service!! It always looked so big in pics, but its a great size!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
vivi

Post by vivi »

phillipsted wrote:And I love the micarta scales. Very very classy.
Yeah they look fantastic and they feel very nice when you're carrying the knife. It's easy to forget it's there.
Pneumothorax wrote:Might not be the best suited for that type of duty, but I have to put into service!! It always looked so big in pics, but its a great size!
I agree, it's much smaller than I always expected. It's nice though, it's a size I think I will actually carry daily. If it were bigger, probably not. Like you I have no need for a fighting knife so all this knife will see is boring stuff like apples and boxes, but I'm still excited to put it to use!
sodak

Post by sodak »

I used to be a bit put off by that choil, but the more that I think about it, the more sense it makes. Thanks for posting these, I need to try one!
Michal

Post by Michal »

My the best Spydie. :)
:spyder: Endura IV combo foliage green FRN
:spyder: Street Beat
:spyder: Police SS plain
zidfeldts

Post by zidfeldts »

I just picked up a Street Beat on another forum yesterday. I have been thinking about getting one for a long,long time and am really looking forward to receiving it. I have all 4 Hossams, 2 Morans, a Temperance and a Fred Perrin Bowie so Spyderco fixed blades aren't new to me. I think they're great.
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

it is a beauty .
Tank

Post by Tank »

Been carrying mine now for about two years... Absolutly love it.. congrats.
-John
RobC2

Post by RobC2 »

I just got mine recently and love it as well. It is however smaller than I imagined, despite seeing all of the pictures (for scale) as well as reading the specs. No matter, it looks awesome and feels great, I will be carrying it. Around my yard that is, as I cannot legally carry it concealed, even with my CCW permit. I would imagine a gun is more effective for self defense anyway.

I just recently discovered Spyderco fixed blades and I am very glad that they have models that fall on the "slicer" side of the spectrum. Not everybody needs a quarter inch thick blade and wants to go out in the woods and baton firewood with their knives. Some people just want a bigger stronger version of what we have come to love in the Spyderco folders and not much more. I am really looking forward to the South Fork, and naturally given my comments above, the next Perrin Street Bowie.
vivi

Re: Spyderco Street Beat - Wow!

Post by vivi »

First thing I thought when I got my new FRN Street Beat:

"I sure am a dummy for selling my micarta street beat" :rolleyes:

:unicorn
z4vdBt

Re: Spyderco Street Beat - Wow!

Post by z4vdBt »

Congrats.