My small collection so far

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
rg02

My small collection so far

Post by rg02 »

Its no way near the size or quality of picture of most of you, but here is a pic of my Spydies. Gayle Bradley is on its way to me still....

-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Nice collection you got going there. You are going to love the Gayle Bradley. Be sure and post up some pics when you get it.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

Nice stable !! Gots me beat !! :D
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Bluntrauma wrote:Nice collection you got going there. You are going to love the Gayle Bradley. Be sure and post up some pics when you get it.
I will post some pics for sure! Estimated del date is 12-29. Counting down the days!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
BAL

Post by BAL »

How do you use the Assist, rg02. I have been thinking about getting one for each vehicle to keep on the visor, in case of a wreck to cut seat belts and/or break a window glass. Of course I already have so many other knives and other tools close, I would probably forget that I had it up there. I have a rescue that I keep with my Vet stuff, to cut sticktights etc out of the dogs and horses.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

BAL wrote:How do you use the Assist, rg02. I have been thinking about getting one for each vehicle to keep on the visor, in case of a wreck to cut seat belts and/or break a window glass. Of course I already have so many other knives and other tools close, I would probably forget that I had it up there. I have a rescue that I keep with my Vet stuff, to cut sticktights etc out of the dogs and horses.
Clipped to the visor in my truck
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
BAL

Post by BAL »

rg02 wrote:Clipped to the visor in my truck
10-4 thanks.
yamamoto

Post by yamamoto »

[quote="BAL"]How do you use the Assist, rg02. I have been thinking about getting one for each vehicle to keep on the visor, in case of a wreck to cut seat belts and/or break a window glass.

A good collection. My friends sometimes ask me why I keep the knives in the car with a sharpened blade. And I always have an answer to their question. I agree that these knives have a specific purpose, but when necessary, their role is very great.
Good luck.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

yamamoto wrote:
BAL wrote:How do you use the Assist, rg02. I have been thinking about getting one for each vehicle to keep on the visor, in case of a wreck to cut seat belts and/or break a window glass.

A good collection. My friends sometimes ask me why I keep the knives in the car with a sharpened blade. And I always have an answer to their question. I agree that these knives have a specific purpose, but when necessary, their role is very great.
Good luck.
Back in College my buddy and I were on a flyfishing trip when we found a truck upside down in the river. A women that drive by said it had been under water for 5 minutes before we got there. The guy inside was caught in his seatbelt and we had a hard time pulling him out. The truck was unstable and we couldn't swim around to the drivers side because the truck could easily slide down and trap us under. By the time we got the guy out he was gone. If I had a knife like the assist we would have got him out much faster. Still not sure if he would have made it though because we arrived too late. I will always remember that day.
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

nice collection . alway's love to see collection pictures thx greeetzzz
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

You should consider a Saver Salt...love mine...basically just a rust-proof Rescue!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Added GB and Yojimbo 2

Added dragonfly 2 Feb and sharpmaker

Added manix 2
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Ok, it's official, , ,you're addicted. If you walk into your house one day and all your family is setting there it's probably for an intervention. Run like ****! :p

I still haven't handled the Yojimbo, , how do you like it?
rg02

Post by rg02 »

SQSAR wrote:Ok, it's official, , ,you're addicted. If you walk into your house one day and all your family is setting there it's probably for an intervention. Run like ****! :p

I still haven't handled the Yojimbo, , how do you like it?
Considering I have not had any knife combat training, I am a novice in self defense blades, but the ergos are very comfOrtable in several grip positions. The blade is intimidating and thick! Very smoOth opening and closing with the compression lock and thick blade it almost opens and closes itself. Fact it's made in golden and g-10 makes it that much better for me :D

As for an being addicted, I can say its official lol.

I'm interested to see some pics of your sydies :D
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

Nice collection you have going here. I've been eying the Gayle Bradley myself. That's one wicked slicer.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

DrChimRichalds wrote:Nice collection you have going here. I've been eying the Gayle Bradley myself. That's one wicked slicer.
M4 gets razor sharp too!

A little motivation for you :D

-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

Oh, you're making it difficult. Have you given that GB a proper test drive yet?
rg02

Post by rg02 »

I sharpened it up with the SM to my liking. Able to shave hair. Only used it to open mail so far lol. It's sooooo pretty!
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

So you are liking the GB huh. What a nice looking knife it is. I have the same affliction about using it because it looks so nice. That's how I end up with so many duplicates. One to use and one to ogle. Really need to get a back up for this one because it just screams to be used.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

My Dad made me a wooden box to keep my spydies in :D . Here are some pics---- missing my Assist(in my truck) and persistence (in my wife's purse). Hoping to add one or two sPydies soon.

Pics
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge