Mr. Porter's Addiction

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

raggasonic wrote:Hey, what the **** happened to that Endura ??? :eek:

The 2nd from the top ?
Brian Yellowhorse happened to it, lol.
Thanks for posting that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLICK HERE TO WATCH MY YOU TUBE VIDEOS
Life's short, stay sharp.

A blade's not whole with no hole in the blade.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

great collection!
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

I envy you.

Cool collection Mr. Porter.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

jwrickma24 wrote:great collection!
KardinalSyn wrote:I envy you.

Cool collection Mr. Porter.
Thank you both very much, I really appreciate that! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Nice pics....I just finally got a camera this week that could take a decent pic and appreciated looking at your photos...some are simply gorgeous....NO more cell phone pics for me LOL....I see there is going to be lots of pics of knives in my future...and btw you cheated on those orange pics...I see a kershaw and something else that shouldn't be there :p ...I was always good at those tests that said which one doesn't belong in this pic....LOL...You are forgiven for the Kershaw thingy cause the pics of the orange were awesome...Thanks.........Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Nice pics....I just finally got a camera this week that could take a decent pic and appreciated looking at your photos...some are simply gorgeous....NO more cell phone pics for me LOL....I see there is going to be lots of pics of knives in my future...and btw you cheated on those orange pics...I see a kershaw and something else that shouldn't be there :p ...I was always good at those tests that said which one doesn't belong in this pic....LOL...You are forgiven for the Kershaw thingy cause the pics of the orange were awesome...Thanks.........Doc :)
Thank you my friend... I appreciate the compliment! :)

I hope you have a lot of fun shooting photos of your cutlery indeed... that's what it's all about and I find it like an art... it's very fun and rewarding while you're seeing and creating the shot. I love photographing knives and beautiful women... they two are very close speaking as to their level of desire, haha! :D
I also very much like shooting photos of flowers, which seemed to baffle a few people on my You Tube channel because it doesn't seem like I'd be into delicate things, HAHA!
Either way... now I'm just rambling, I'm known for that though. :p

WHAT? How did those other brands get in those photos? Are you sure you saw something other than a Spydie? I think I've been set up! :o HAHA!

I thank you again my friend... that's very kind of you and I appreciate it greatly... comments like this make me just want to keep on shooting and keep on sharing... I suggest you do the same when you start shooting your blades! I wanna see! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Ok Mr Porter ...you asked for it...Took these last night, if you think these are bad you should see my cell phone pics...LOL Just sharing...sssshhhh...not sypdercos LOL....Doc :D
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... Sig001.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... Sig002.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... Sig005.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... Sig008.jpg[/img][/IMG][img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... Sig012.jpg[/img][/IMG]
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... Sig003.jpg[/img][/IMG]
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Donut

Post by Donut »

Looks much better than the cell phone pics. I think one of these days we will get to see a good edc pic. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

wow, how have i not looked at these pics yet :eek: , great job :D
Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Ok Mr Porter ...you asked for it...Took these last night, if you think these are bad you should see my cell phone pics...LOL Just sharing...sssshhhh...not sypdercos LOL....Doc :D
What do you mean? Those are good photos my friend. :)
I don't think they're bad at all in fact. I love the OTF autos too, especially one marked "proto" on it, very nice. They may not be Spydies but at least they have some type of hole in their blades, haha!
razorsharp wrote:wow, how have i not looked at these pics yet :eek: , great job :D
Me or Dr. Snubnose? If you mean my photos, well then thank you... I really appreciate that! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Mr.Porter wrote: Me or Dr. Snubnose? If you mean my photos, well then thank you... I really appreciate that! :D
yours :) ....doc needs practise :p
Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

razorsharp wrote:yours :) ....doc needs practise :p
LMAO! I like Doc's pics! :D
You should see some of my starting pics... I've seen doggy poo that was more visually appealing. :o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Mr.Porter wrote:LMAO! I like Doc's pics! :D
You should see some of my starting pics... I've seen doggy poo that was more visually appealing. :o
Thanks for the kind words...I love it when people lie through their teeth :p :D Just so you know...it's all the camera...I'm just pressing buttons randomly to see what happens...I haven't read the user guide yet lol...So that mean I don't know what the **** I'm doing LMAO...But thanks away! Your pics are gorgeous, I bet you could make Doogie Poo look great, probably good enough for me to want to buy some.....LOL...Doc :D

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

razorsharp wrote:yours :) ....doc needs practise :p
You!!!!!! TRAVIS....I do need practice indeed....I need to practice Snapping your Neck! :p :eek: ...Doc :D

WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

I'm really jealous of your Glock. What is up with the slide serrations? Are those custom or do I just not know dick about Glocks?

I don't actually own a handgun at this point... I really want an XD or a Glock, but my knife addiction needs to be curved before I can afford one. At this point I would have to sell some of my favorites to go make a purchase.

Not to mention I just don't have a good spot to shoot right now.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Thanks for the kind words...I love it when people lie through their teeth :p :D Just so you know...it's all the camera...I'm just pressing buttons randomly to see what happens...I haven't read the user guide yet lol...So that mean I don't know what the **** I'm doing LMAO...But thanks away! Your pics are gorgeous, I bet you could make Doogie Poo look great, probably good enough for me to want to buy some.....LOL...Doc :D
You're welcome... but I did think they were good, I only lie to my family... not to people on the internet, LMAO! :)
That's pretty much how I learned to take photos how I wanted... just start pressing buttons and when something happens that I like, I remember that setting for next time, lol. Whatever works!
That and there are some pretty good articles online about lighting and setting and such. ;)

I do appreciate the compliments greatly though.
And if you want, next time one of my dogs craps on the floor I'll snap a photo for you and see if you want to buy it... how about $5.95 + shipping for the first pile? Then I'll give you a discount on all the following piles. :cool:
WalzAaronFFG wrote:I'm really jealous of your Glock. What is up with the slide serrations? Are those custom or do I just not know dick about Glocks?

I don't actually own a handgun at this point... I really want an XD or a Glock, but my knife addiction needs to be curved before I can afford one. At this point I would have to sell some of my favorites to go make a purchase.

Not to mention I just don't have a good spot to shoot right now.
Not custom, all factory in fact. They made a run of these Glocks right before releasing the 4th Gens. Some people loved 'em (like me) and some hated them. This one has the very aggressive RTF2 texture all over and the "fish gill" serrations as they're often referred to. They tend to allow for better grip if you ask me, I can get a very nice purchase on the slide even with wet or sweaty hands, I like it a lot and it's my current favorite Glock... probably will be until I get my Glock 29 soon! :D

I hear you about the knife addiction thing too... I just cannot stop, especially with the Spydies! I always said I think Sal and friends put some type of chemical in the blade steel that makes us addicted! :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Thanks for the encouraging words and the heads up as to where to look for more Info..appreciate that! I seem to be learning a lot by actually studying other people works, because I see there is a lot more to this then just pushing buttons.

As far as the doo doo pics...I think I'll pass....already have enough **** on my walls...LOL..........Doc :D

Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Thanks for the encouraging words and the heads up as to where to look for more Info..appreciate that! I seem to be learning a lot by actually studying other people works, because I see there is a lot more to this then just pushing buttons.

As far as the doo doo pics...I think I'll pass....already have enough **** on my walls...LOL..........Doc :D
You're welcome... above all else though... just be sure to enjoy photographic whatever is in front of your lens, this really seems to be the key!

LMAO! Alright my friend, I'll spare you those photos then! :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

Three of my newest... :D
Love 'em all!

... and more of the excellent new Yo 2...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

Just got my blue BHQ exclusive Smallfly... love it... had both the black and the blue one going at once last night... no cuts yet! :cool: :p

I like 'em spread open wide ;)

Carries great in that little pocket I never know what to call :o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]