Show those Edges !!!!!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
maa14

Post by maa14 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Nice one Maa! Gratz! I can't even dream of doing that on the SM.
Thanks!
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Maa, I copied your $$$ reflection idea :D
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Looks fantastic Ryan!
rg02

Post by rg02 »

cubsfan1969 wrote:Looks fantastic Ryan!
You can do it too Dave! Get those UF stones!!! And a Knivesplus strop block :D
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
maa14

Post by maa14 »

rg02 wrote:Maa, I copied your $$$ reflection idea :D
Nice!!
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Not quite polished but very sharp. My first time using a strop. Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
maa14

Post by maa14 »

Here is my other delica... not sure on the angle of the "main" bevel but the kinda sorta micro bevel is a third to half the way up the main bevel...Main bevel is through the UF stone on the sharpmaker and the kinda sorta micro bevel is at 30 degrees with the flat side of the medium stone on the sharpmaker

Reflection:

Macro:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

rg02 wrote:Lookin good! How are you liking the mirror back bevel finished with UF and 40 deg inclusive micro bevel with medium? Have you stropped it at all as well?
How long does it take you to polish bevels on the sharpmaker? Are you using diamond rods to reprofile?
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Uhh... Does someone have a $100 bill I can barrow... You know, to take a pic with.

I'll give it back. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

so, Just got a sharpmaker for 60 NZD (49 USD) shipped, thats half the price they average here, lets see what I can do with that badboy when I get it :D
rg02

Post by rg02 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:How long does it take you to polish bevels on the sharpmaker? Are you using diamond rods to reprofile?
I have only done polished bevels on my PM2, Sage 3, Ambitious, and old school Aus8 Endura. I start reprofiling the back bevel to 30 inclusive with the diamonds and then progress through medium, fine, and ultra fine. For the micro bevel i do 40 inclusinve with medium, fine, ultra fine, and end with my strop. i could just stop with the medium stones if i want a more "working edge" on the micro bevel but I keep going through the UF.

I take my time when sharpening so it takes probably 90 minutes to do a polish on a knife for me if I go up through the UF stone for the micro bevel. I dont do stroke counts for my bevels, i just use my sharpie and use corners of stone until sharpie is completely gone and then i sharpie again and then use the flats of the stone until it is gone then i switch to the next stone and do the same thing. I usually clean the stones when i switch from the back bevel to my micro bevel as well.
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
rg02

Post by rg02 »

razorsharp wrote:so, Just got a sharpmaker for 60 NZD (49 USD) shipped, thats half the price they average here, lets see what I can do with that badboy when I get it :D
cant wait to see what you can do with it! i assume you got the ultra fine stones as well?
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

rg02 wrote:cant wait to see what you can do with it! i assume you got the ultra fine stones as well?
nope lol. it was a local auction, I will order UF rods one day :D
maa14

Post by maa14 »

Gunslinger wrote:Uhh... Does someone have a $100 bill I can barrow... You know, to take a pic with.

I'll give it back. :D
hehehe
maa14

Post by maa14 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:How long does it take you to polish bevels on the sharpmaker? Are you using diamond rods to reprofile?
It takes me probably around 45 min.- about 1 hour or 15-30 min if i am going really fast. and i am not using the diamond rods to reprofile, just a small, coarse diamond stone clamped to one of the sharpmaker stones.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

maa14 wrote:It takes me probably around 45 min.- about 1 hour or 15-30 min if i am going really fast. and i am not using the diamond rods to reprofile, just a small, coarse diamond stone clamped to one of the sharpmaker stones.
That's seriously good maa14. I was expecting at least a few hours.
maa14

Post by maa14 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:That's seriously good maa14. I was expecting at least a few hours.
Thanks! The zdp blade took me a while longer though..I might take longer on blades that I really want to have a pretty close to perfect polish (or the best you can get w/ the sharpmaker stones) like the Manix but with my vg10 delica I really didn't take my time because that blade I am going to use A lot . on some knifes that you don't have to reprofile a ton( all the ones I have pictured except the zdp) are a lot faster. I noticed this when I started to reprofile the edge on some of my friends Henkels kitchen knives...takes a lot longer(more like 1-2 hours), and I am being much more careful because they aren't mine...
hawaiihunter

nice

Post by hawaiihunter »

maa14 wrote:Thanks! The zdp blade took me a while longer though..I might take longer on blades that I really want to have a pretty close to perfect polish (or the best you can get w/ the sharpmaker stones) like the Manix but with my vg10 delica I really didn't take my time because that blade I am going to use A lot . on some knifes that you don't have to reprofile a ton( all the ones I have pictured except the zdp) are a lot faster. I noticed this when I started to reprofile the edge on some of my friends Henkels kitchen knives...takes a lot longer(more like 1-2 hours), and I am being much more careful because they aren't mine...
I am a newbie to this forum, good to see other teenagers interested in the best knifes spydercos :spyder:
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Polished bevel on my new Dragonfly G10 :D

-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Polished bevel on my Para2 and Dragonfly. I used a Lansky sharpening system and a poor man's strop.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]