Millie pics

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Can any of my fellow forumites help me out with a Spyderco Edge-U-Cation sheet for the CPM-D2 Sprint Military (C36GPE)? I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I need to see if maybe sharpguitarist, Kohbanang, pantervikefan, Mr Blonde or Reject have this papaerwork since they obviously have (or had) the knife. I would greatly appreciate the help. I will post pics later tonight.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

FroOchie wrote:That jade Military is sexy as a mofo. Did you use natural G10 or did you sand down a digi handled one?
+1 . . . curious minds want to know.
*Landon*
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

xceptnl wrote:Can any of my fellow forumites help me out with a Spyderco Edge-U-Cation sheet for the CPM-D2 Sprint Military (C36GPE)?
I just tried to, I woulda made a copy for you but I don't have it either. I save everything so it never came with and I bought it "NIB" but you know how that can go. Maybe it never came with one...
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
Kohbanang

Post by Kohbanang »

Sorry xceptnl, same as FroOchie no Edge-U-Cation sheet in my D2 Military box.
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

FroOchie wrote:That jade Military is sexy as a mofo. Did you use natural G10 or did you sand down a digi handled one?
Hi man,
that is sanded down digi camo. Alot of work with wrist tendons inflamed on my hand but worth that pain. Love it more and more now, doesn´t scare s--t out of NKP now, some even say it´s cool knife - working in office and it looks now really elegant. ;-)
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
BAL

Post by BAL »

p.jester84 wrote:Hi man,
that is sanded down digi camo. Alot of work with wrist tendons inflamed on my hand but worth that pain. Love it more and more now, doesn´t scare s--t out of NKP now, some even say it´s cool knife - working in office and it looks now really elegant. ;-)
Thats an interesting thought, sanding down the digi. I don't know if I could do that
since I like the camo so much, but it does look cool. Might have to get an extra one
just to try. The only one that I have ever seen.
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

p.jester84 wrote:Hi man,
The fact you made it yourself through the discomfort makes it that much cooler. I'm tempted to get another one for myself to do now. What grit paper did you finish with and how would you say the texture feels? I'm thinking like a Leaf Storm but it looks so good I wouldn't even care about a slick grip.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

BAL wrote:Thats an interesting thought, sanding down the digi. I don't know if I could do that
since I like the camo so much, but it does look cool. Might have to get an extra one
just to try. The only one that I have ever seen.
I liked digi camo but people around in openspace felt discomfort when I needed to use knife - i looked too military. Finally I saw how someone modded his paramillie in digicamo same way as I did. Voilá, this is my result :-) Thank you for kind words.
FroOchie wrote:The fact you made it yourself through the discomfort makes it that much cooler. I'm tempted to get another one for myself to do now. What grit paper did you finish with and how would you say the texture feels? I'm thinking like a Leaf Storm but it looks so good I wouldn't even care about a slick grip.
Hi, actually I begun with 50 and went on 100, 150, 350 and 600 grit sand paper for steel. I like smooth finish and like that my millie doesn´t eat up my suit pants and jeans at all. Before mod it was horrible. I use my knives very reasonably, even with this super smooth finish I didn´t have problems when fishing, cutting wood and mostly where I use my knives - in kitchen. Offcourse some people like rougher finish on G10, then I recomend to end with 100 or 150 grit - it will give little smoother finish than originaly but still with reasonable grip. Hope everything is clear, if you would like to know something else don´t hesitate to ask :-)

With best regards.

pjester
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

FroOchie wrote:I just tried to, I woulda made a copy for you but I don't have it either. I save everything so it never came with and I bought it "NIB" but you know how that can go. Maybe it never came with one...
I appreciate the effort! I will find it somewhere I quess.
*Landon*
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Very cool, thanks for all the answers P.jester. The only other question I have is probably the dumbest. Did you leave it assembled or did you take it apart to sand it Preferably Id take it apart to avoid mucking everything up inside but then I'm thinking the hardware wouldn't sit flush of I did it that way.
PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

FroOchie wrote:Very cool, thanks for all the answers P.jester. The only other question I have is probably the dumbest. Did you leave it assembled or did you take it apart to sand it Preferably Id take it apart to avoid mucking everything up inside but then I'm thinking the hardware wouldn't sit flush of I did it that way.

Not dumb at all my friend. I disassembled whole knife and worked just with scales. Screws are not perfectly flush but you can´t see it, just feel by touching. As I don´t have steady right hand right now I want to wait and then flush them little bit with dremmel. But didn´t found out any discomfort using it like that. This finalization will be just for my good feeling ;)
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

if it's that slight I don't think I'd mind the hardware either... thanks again!
Alessandro

Post by Alessandro »

Hi friends i have a question in my mind about thsi Milli....what is this i was thinking about this photos so i have joined this thread but here is no mention any photo of this and also not clearly describe about this would you like to tell me about this clearly anyways thanks for this in advance...
BAL

Post by BAL »

Alessandro wrote:Hi friends i have a question in my mind about thsi Milli....what is this i was thinking about this photos so i have joined this thread but here is no mention any photo of this and also not clearly describe about this would you like to tell me about this clearly anyways thanks for this in advance...
Welcome Alessandro. Are you talking about the last picture in this thread, the one that was
a Camo Military that p.jester 84 sanded down to look like a jaded one. Or another one.
JV3

Post by JV3 »

rycen

Post by rycen »

We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

rycen wrote:Image
whoa nice!
kbrouwer

Post by kbrouwer »

[quote="DrChimRichalds"]Am I the only one who dies a little bit inside whenever someone refers to the Military as a "Millie?"

No! lol I feel the same, I just call it the Military, sometimes when I'm referring to the Titanium one i call it TiMi though.
:spyder: :spyder: Kirk Brouwer :spyder: :spyder:
kbrouwer

Post by kbrouwer »

rycen wrote:Image
That looks like the inlay on the Centofante III, how did you get that done? It's really cool!!
:spyder: :spyder: Kirk Brouwer :spyder: :spyder:
rycen

Post by rycen »

It's the 2000 forum edition military. The inlay is mother-of-pearl.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal