H1 USN Catcherman

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Zendemic

H1 USN Catcherman

Post by Zendemic »

Here are some photos of my newly acquired H1 Catcherman that I picked up earlier today at the SFO!

Comparison between FFG Endura and Military:

Blade stock thickness comparison vs. a H1 Ladybug. It has a very thin blade and really would not hold up to any hard use. When I first picked it up, I naturally tested to see if there was any blade play. At first ii mistook the flex in the blade as play.

I noticed when I first got the knife that the blade is noticeably more thin then the locking bar and there's a visible gap between the FRN and the blade. Though there is no noticeable blade play.

This thing has a rediclously thin tip! Great for precise work but again, if thi knife is used for something other it's intended use you run a very high risk of breaking the tip.
1*
If only there was Ti Para2 or H1 Assist...
:spyder:Come chat with us on IRC!:spyder:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/TheMediocrePirate]My Youtube Channel!

[/b][/URL]
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Now for some miscellaneous pictures!

1*

[/b][/URL]
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Over all I think it's a great knife for it's intended use (fillet knife) and would make a great kitchen knife. The fact that the blade stock is so thin means that the edge can be super fine and would make an absolutely insane slicer. Unfortunately I would not want to do anything more strenuous with this blade. Maybe I'm too paranoid, and just need to put the knife through it's paces. I really love this colour and really hope we'll see more in the future!

If there are more details you'd like to see let me know!
1*

[/b][/URL]
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Great photos, thanks for the post.
Donut

Post by Donut »

There is a gap between the blade and the scale, does that mean there is a washer or does it have a standoff formed into the scale like the other salts?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Fishstalker

Post by Fishstalker »

Thanks for the report and great pictures. I can't wait for mine to arrive.
:spyder:
Delica SE G-2
Ladybug
Tenacious
Centofante III
Centofante IV
Pacific Salt PE
Endura 4 PS
Delica ZDP-189 FFG
Para-Military 2 digi-camo
Para-Military 2 black
Pacific Salt SE
USN Catcherman
Sage 1
:spyder:
TomH

Post by TomH »

Thanks for posting this. I saw this knive several years ago in a knife store and have wanted one since - but not at the $200+ they were asking. Now I've got two on the way - one for me and one for a friend. Thanks, Sal and the folks at Spyderco! And thanks USN, too.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Very nice pictures cluster!

Thanks
Come Join Us Click Here
golddot370

Post by golddot370 »

That thing is huge..I tracked my order and it will be here Thursday. ..WOW
International Order Of The SpyderEdge
Spydiefanatic #370
Emersonaholic #370
Team KillboX #370
Proud member of the N.R.A
'MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON MY ENEMIES, BECAUSE I WON'T.'
General George S. Patton
Luke 22:36
buddy54ck

Second for MORE TOXIC GREEN !!!

Post by buddy54ck »

ClusterFlux wrote:Over all I think it's a great knife for it's intended use (fillet knife) and would make a great kitchen knife. The fact that the blade stock is so thin means that the edge can be super fine and would make an absolutely insane slicer. Unfortunately I would not want to do anything more strenuous with this blade. Maybe I'm too paranoid, and just need to put the knife through it's paces. I really love this colour and really hope we'll see more in the future! If there are more details you'd like to see let me know!
:spyder: :spyder:
Hi All,
Not only is this a really cool looking knife, but I have to Agree With ClusterFlux on his Statement, " I really love this colour and really hope we'll see more in the future!" Also, as much as I do not seek out Tanto Blade Shapes, I bought the Smaller Kabar folder just for the color scheme, because I like it so much ! I also don't know how long it will take to get My Catcherman, but I can hardly wait !!! :D :D :D
I would really like to see a Delica, Ladybug, Native, or any other Frn Handled knife come out with a black blade and a toxic green handle.
I am a realist, and I know that this probably won't happen, but I can Dream, can't I. Would anyone care to see these colors repeated on something else? :D
Thank You SPYDERCO, and USN,
Charlie
:spyder: :spyder:
tom48

Post by tom48 »

Mine's on it's way too, thanks Cluster for the photos, good to see it compared to other spydies. I'm a keen fisherman so mine will be used for filleting in the main.
BAL

Post by BAL »

The more and more that I look at the Catcherman, the more and more I want one. I just need to convince myself that I NEED it and come up with a reason. And then order it and not let the wife see it for a while. That would be hard to do with the toxic green. It would be like a beacon light glowing out of my pocket.